Are you passionate about social media and content marketing? Do you know how to harness the power of digital marketing to drive short- and long-term objectives, and create KPIs to measure success? Do you love to follow the latest Instagram Story trends, while juggling multiple project plans, and telling powerful health care stories from the inside out?
Reporting to our Talent Acquisition (TA) Marketing Advisor, the Talent Acquisition Marketing Coordinator will support the team's recruitment marketing initiatives and strategies, including producing social media content and talent acquisition marketing materials, monitoring digital engagement, and coordinating regular content maintenance and updates to PHSA Careers related websites. You will monitor metrics and collect data to determine effectiveness of marketing campaigns and tactics, including trends analysis and social media reports.
Passionate about marketing processes and creating people-focused content, you will support the development and ongoing improvement of talent acquisition, retention and overall marketing programs designed to drive PHSA's internal and external employer brand presence.
What you'll do:
- Produce high quality social media content for LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. using innovative practices like storytelling to attract applicants to PHSA.
- Ensure the sharing of relevant and timely content to support PHSA Careers' overall content strategy. Coordinate social media editorial calendar and publish across all channels using Hootsuite.
- Monitor social media community engagement, upholding information accuracy and integrity in support of PHSA's employer brand and reputation.
- Write, edit and deliver engaging and consistent content for talent acquisition marketing materials including job descriptions, testimonials, internal and external web content, and email campaigns.
- Support recruitment campaign proposal development, planning, and execution with TA Marketing Advisor and departmental clients.
- Coordinate regular content maintenance and updates to internal and external PHSA Careers website properties, working with website vendor and internal stakeholders. Supports TA Marketing Advisor with website maintenance, including upgrades, new content pages, and user experience projects.
- Coordinate delivery of email marketing campaigns, including internal e-newsletters.
- Support ongoing digital optimization and campaigns (pay per click advertising etc.) including sponsored LinkedIn and Indeed programs, through administration and troubleshooting.
- Track and coordinate responses to Glassdoor and Indeed employer reviews with TA Marketing Advisor and related stakeholders.
- Participate on committees and support special projects with TA Marketing planning or implementation.
- Monitor metrics and collect data to evaluate TA marketing campaigns and tactics, including trend analysis and social media reports.
- Coordinate production of creative asset development, including graphic design, photography, and video.
- Work with TA Advisors to facilitate end-to-end recruitment marketing processes by assisting with candidate research in support of marketing requests. Utilize new, innovative, and creative avenues for increasing awareness.
- Organize existing digital assets and media files to optimize storage for improved workflow.
- Support TA Marketing Advisor and TA Advisors with general administration of recruitment projects and initiatives. Track invoices against budgets.
- Provide marketing support for HR streams as assigned, such as Leadership Development, HR Services, etc.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Human Resources or related field.
- Two to three years of recent related experience with social media management, web based communications and content management systems, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Social media fluency and aptitude for technology. Current knowledge of on-line technologies and strong social media experience from a recruitment and communications perspective.
- Strong writing and editing skills ranging from using best practices in online communication, including social media copy and creative headline writing, to increase engagement and elevate business results.
- Competency in a variety of software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc. is an asset), Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.), Google Docs/Spreadsheets/Slides, Facebook Business Manager, Google AdWords, database, and recruitment technology.
- Knowledge of digital content management systems (SharePoint, Wordpress, etc.), social media aggregators and publishers, and Google Analytics
- including the ability to analyze data, and develop reports and recommendations using data-driven insights.
- Strong analytical, administrative, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strength and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all stakeholders and clients, bringing a creative, resourceful and customer service approach.
- Experience working in a large organization with multiple brands is an asset.
What's in it for you:
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That's why we're focused on your care too
- offering health, wellness, development programs to support you
- at work and at home.
Join one of BC's largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations
- offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
Job type: Regular Full-Time
Location: 1333 W. Broadway Vancouver, BC
Closing date: Open until position is filled
Reference number: TAMC-2021
What we do:
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people
- Be compassionate
- Dare to innovate
- Cultivate partnerships
- Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.