PressReader is a rapidly growing technology company that partners with the world's leading publishers to deliver content to millions of users in over 160 countries. Our progressive approach to digital distribution has allowed publishers such as The Washington Post, The Guardian, Newsweek, Rolling Stone, The Globe and Mail, and Vogue to find new audiences through business partnerships, including airlines, hotels, cruise ships, libraries, and thousands of other companies worldwide.
Our technology also powers Branded Editions (BE)
- a white-label solution that enables publishers to deliver their digital content in interactive ways. BE allows them to build a customizable platform that supports a wide range of revenue opportunities.
We have a full-time opportunity for a Director, Marketing to join our leadership team.
As Director of Marketing you will have responsibility for leading the global marketing strategy and execution with a particular focus on brand, inbound/demand gen and B2B sales. Working closely with the executive team, the Director, Marketing oversees the development of marketing, communication and demand gen/growth aligned with business goals. You will oversee a multi-disciplinary marketing team including business, publishing, consumer and product marketing as well as public relations, communications, design, multimedia and brand development.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy to support B2B sales and B2C, creating meaningful engagement and brand awareness, driving revenue and positioning PressReader to consumers, businesses, publishers and the wider tech community
- Own and deliver Inbound marketing revenue expectations with end-to-end funnel optmisation from acquisition to retention with a test-and-iterate approach across all digital channels (paid media, web, email, inbound, landing pages, CRO, SEO and lifecycle marketing)
- Support B2B sales teams in lifecycle marketing to ensure seamless experience for prospects and existing customers
- Partner with Product to support and deliver on go-to-market strategy
- Lead, manage and coach a multi-disciplinary marketing team to success, including growth/inbound, web and SEO, content, events, B2B/consumer and product marketing, as well as the PressReader Creative Lab
- Plan and oversee the marketing budget
You are a great fit if you have:
- 8-10 years' experience in B2B/B2C Marketing, with a few years in a managerial and leadership capacity
- Demonstrable experience in digital/growth marketing, inbound/demand gen & marketing automation (including HubSpot)
- Proven leadership experience in managing a high performing team in a growing multimillion-dollar company
- Proven thought leadership, strategic, analytical and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to influence at all decision-making levels
- Solid project management, time management and cross-functional co-ordination skills
- An ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and establish new processes while streamlining existing
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing or data analysis
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience or passion for the publishing / technology industry
- Are data driven with growth marketing experience
- Have a strong interest in the technology sector
This role is a full-time position based in our Richmond, BC office. Working from home is available during the Covid pandemic and we are considering hybrid solutions post-pandemic.
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada. Only local candidate will be considered for this key position.
PressReader offers a compensation package which includes extended health care, dental, vision and accidental death insurance paid by the company; paid vacation, sick and bereavement days; reimbursements for professional training and membership in professional associations; subsidized fitness membership and more, along with a chance to be working with amazing people.
To apply, please submit your resume, and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this role.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate. We can't wait to meet you!