Do you have a proven track record of success in creating and managing social media campaigns for at least 3 years?
Do you know how to optimize content so it's engaging across Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and Pinterest?
Do you have the ability to produce eye-catching designs and write copy that converts?
And are you excited by the idea of doing meaningful work that changes lives?
If so, keep reading. Because that's what we're looking for from our new Social Media Manager!
We're seeking a top Social Media Manager with a minimum of 5 years full-time experience in digital marketing and 3 years specific to social media. And we're looking for someone who is sincerely interested in helping us with our mission to help people increase their bone density and return to the active, independent life they deserve.
In this role, you'll develop and execute social media marketing campaigns across our various channels, and you'll help change lives in the process.
You'll also be responsible for creating exciting content that not only looks good, but performs well.
What Do We Do?
AlgaeCal is an online nutritional supplement company, and one of Canada's fastest-growing companies. One of the reasons for that growth? We offer something no other company has: a natural, clinically-supported approach to bone loss. Bone scans show we're actually increasing bone density in adults across the world and helping them return to an active, independent lifestyle.
But traditional ?wisdom? says increasing bone density isn't possible. So we need help to spread the word about AlgaeCal. That's where you come in!
Below are a few of the primary tasks you can look forward to while working from our office in Vancouver's exciting Mount Pleasant area:
- Developing and growing our social media presence based on competitive research, brand monitoring, and past campaign and content performance
- Creating and managing the social media calendar
- Staying up to date on the latest emerging trends and best practices in social media
- Managing and building relationships with experts, influencers, and partners
- Working with our social responder team to take on AlgaeCal's voice and respond to our customers and prospects in a friendly and timely manner.
- Publishing consistent, meaningful content on all platforms that excites our community to take action and build connections
- Collaborate with other departments (such as Paid Marketing, Editorial, Outreach, Customer Success Center etc.) to create and coordinate marketing strategies that work across different channels
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports on our social media marketing efforts
- Petting our office Weimaraner and valued team member, Buddy. (He usually makes his rounds of the office just after lunch.)
The Ideal Candidate
On top of being a friendly, caring person, our Social Media Manager needs to meet some requirements. If the following describes you and your experience, please get in touch.
- Proven track record running social media campaigns that meet objectives and deliver measurable results. Even better, experience with branded content partnerships, influencer campaigns, or similar, with success
- Ability to effectively write content (text, photo captions, video scripts) that is consistent with our company's brand identity and voice
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Strong creative eye and ability to produce visually amazing content. Bonus if you have photography, videography or graphic design experience.
- Demonstrable social analytics tools knowledge such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and Facebook Insights
- Knowledge of digital marketing, SEO, design, and copywriting.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically to secure coverage and generate ?buzz? for your projects.
- Fluent in English
- Bachelors in Communications, Public Relations, Digital Marketing, or related field and 5 years experience in digital marketing with 3+ years of specific social media experience
- Excellent communication skills, whether in-person, on video calls, or through emails and Slack messages
- Organized project manager
- you can handle more than one project and deadline at a time
- Hungry to learn and improve your skills
- Positive attitude and energy that fits with our company culture. We hire a certain type of teammate, so you'll find there are no ?cases of the Mondays? here!
- Bonus points if you've worked in health and wellness and have an existing network of media contacts
In addition to the above, we're looking for someone who has the 3 qualities that embody our values:
- You're humble; You're great at what you do but don't feel the need to brag about it.
- You're hungry to learn and grow.
- You're ?people smart?; You're good at working with others and being a productive member of a high-performing team.
The truth is, if you don't have these qualities you won't last long at AlgaeCal. So if you're missing one of them, be honest with yourself. You can save yourself a lot of headaches by finding a job posting that's a better fit for you.
We're the real deal...
The first thing you'll notice about AlgaeCal is our unique culture, hard-working but fun office environment, and positive family spirit. In fact, you may find pretty quickly that AlgaeCal is a place you'll want to spend the rest of your career. After all, we want all our employees to become ?lifers'... no joke!
Just as we want to serve our customers, we want to serve you, our teammates (we call ourselves AlgaeBuds), and make sure that you enjoy your work every single day.
But don't be confused. Being the real deal also means our standards are sky high and we don't let just anyone into our family. When we say you'll enjoy every single day you work here, there will surely be some challenging moments. (Let's be real here, no job is perfect!)
But we promise you that every day you'll have a moment... a moment of clarity or empowerment or a surge of adrenaline that will tell you that you're doing what you love and are making a difference in this crazy, beautiful world.
A Day In The Life
Working at AlgaeCal is stimulating, fast-paced, and just like any job, it can have its challenging moments. But one thing it will never be is boring.
What's more, working at AlgaeCal presents great opportunities. The opportunity to work alongside and learn from a team of work-hard, play-hard professionals who've grown our company 10x in the last 5 years. The opportunity to advance your personal growth by attending conferences and other events. And the opportunity to genuinely change people's lives every single day by helping them overcome bone loss.
Plus, every day brings opportunities to work with team members who care as much for you as they do our customers. Team members like our Outreach Coach, Moni, and our Paid Marketing Coach, Phil. Plus, our Community and social media team members, Cat, Lara, Megan, and Blaire.
You'll be working with those teams most closely, but you'll also be collaborating with other teams as the need arises. We're sure that before long, you'll just refer to them all as your AlgaeCal family!
What Will You Earn?
Let's agree on salary and vacation once we know what you offer, but our goal is to pay above the market rate for your unique skills.
- A brand new, beautiful workspace in the heart of the Mount Pleasant neighbourhood complete with Mac-ecosystems and convertible standing desks
- Weekly family style team lunches with tasty, home-cooked food
- $2000 flexible employee health benefits package
- Monthly team events and activities
- Annual team trip (most recently, Los Cabos, Mexico!) which you are eligible for after one year of employment. This amounts to another week of paid vacation, plus we cover hotel, food, flights and entertainment.
- Flexible Stat Holidays with the option to bank days for later use
- Work-From-Home-Wednesdays (available after 6 months of employment)
- Casual dress code
How To Apply
Job opportunities like this don't come along often, and we've got a lot to offer our successful applicants. So, to make sure our future Social Media Manager is the real-deal, will be a great fit, and will thrive at AlgaeCal, we ask a little more than your run-of-the-mill job application:
If this sounds like a position for you, please respond to this advertisement with your resume and cover letter. Please, read carefully:
1. Write a cover letter addressing:
- Why you're the best Social Media Manager for this role. Give quantifiable examples of related achievements.
- Describe why you fit perfectly with our values. Read them here
- What's the toughest work challenge you've ever overcome in your life? How did you overcome it?
- What are the last three books you've read?
- What do you do for fun?
2. Explain what you're doing now for a job:
- If you don't have one, explain why.
- If you have one, explain why you're looking elsewhere.
3. Upload your cover letter and resume:
- Ensure that your cover letter and resume are saved and sent as one file.
Yes, our hiring process is challenging, but it's our way of selecting the best... and your way of ensuring your AlgaeCal teammates are tops.
Click the ?Apply Now? button on this page and upload your cover letter and resume.
***Note: Please include your cover letter WITH your resume in one document. Applications without a cover letter will not be read!
We are looking to hire as soon as we find the right person, so act quickly and you can also expect a prompt response.