Established over 175 years ago, Hermès International was founded on the tenets of creativity, quality, fine craftsmanship and service. A family company spanning six generations, Hermès International now boasts an array of product lines that include Leather, Scarves, Ties, Footwear, Perfume, Watches, Jewellery, Art of Living, Enamel, and Tableware. The Canadian operation, Hermès Canada Inc., was established in 1991 has five retail locations (Toronto, Montréal, Calgary, Vancouver and hermes.com).
Reporting to the President and CEO Hermes Canada, the role of the Communications Director is to develop and execute the annual communication plan (paid, owned and earned) for Hermes Canada within the local and international strategy defined for Canada.
This role is for a one year contract.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute 360° annual Communications Strategy in order to effectively and positively build brand image and awareness in Canada, in alignment with Hermès international global Communication guidelines;
- Present Communications Strategy for feedback and validations to President and CEO and Hermes International; President & CEO to be kept updated on regular basis with project status, industry news, and executive PR messaging as required;
- Regular collaboration with Hermès International project managers on all functional areas to ensure ongoing program alignment, asset deliverables and guidance as required;
- Build, recommend and manage annual Communications Budget, , in accordance with validated Communications Strategy.
- Lead the implementation of multi-platform (digital, outdoor, print, cinema, etc.) Canadian advertising for Hermès Institutional and Hermès Beauty and Fragrance in partnership with Hermès International and CNP;
- Build KPIs to continually monitor performance against paid media objectives; plan for and measure the effectiveness of digital campaigns and devise strategies to improve effectiveness, in partnership with Hermès Canada Director of E-Commerce;
- Development of annual earned editorial and earned influence strategy, supporting the planning and execution of unique press opportunities,
- Oversee and steer the Canadian press collection, including but not limited to: Collaborative press collection buying, shipments/logistics, cataloguing, facilitating daily editorial press requests;
- Oversee and execute window display design concept creation, fabrication and logistics 4 times annually, for 3 stores
- Plan and execute the distribution of Hermès publications i
- Plan and execute local events, and/or retail animation, in alignment with Hermès International.
- Overall management of Communications team fostering professional growth.
- Cultivate and maintain close, collaborative cross functional relationships with Store Managers, Sales Teams and Corporate functions
- Maintain a current communications calendar which identifies all significant local and international program dates;
- Support in management of review process and fulfillment of charitable donations and corporate patronage as required.
- Bachelor's degree
- More than 10 years
- Experience with International brands, specifically focused on Canadian market is preferred
- Strong analytical skills, good oral and written presentation skills, as well as excellent computer skills, including Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Hands-on, flexible, collaborative, humble; self-starter; ?roll-up-your-sleeves? attitude
- Proactive and capable of managing multitude of projects at a time
- Creative proven people leader
- Demonstrated organized skills with strong attention to detail
- Deals with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment