Company: Harlequin Enterprises ULC
Department : Harlequin Brand Group
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Digital Brand Marketing
Status : Contract (12 Months)
Location: 22 Adelaide Street West, Toronto (currently working remotely but will need to commute to the office when it reopens)
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Brand Marketing, the Manager, Social Media will be a key member of the Digital Capabilities Team.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing data driven optimization of Harlequin's social media strategy, in alignment with Harlequin's overall strategic goals. You will focus on expanding Harlequin's reach through targeted content development and amplification, while prioritizing cultivating relationships with our customers in the social media space, by way of extensive community engagement. You will provide strategic social media marketing direction for priority brand campaigns and serve as the expert resource on the everchanging social media landscape. You will provide leadership to a robust team of two social media coordinators and various freelance resources.Responsibilities :
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the Harlequin brand social media program strategy along with customized strategies for our priority social media channels to achieve desired goals through execution and comprehensive stakeholder communication.
- Continually refine the social content strategy to reflect ever evolving customer behavior together with changes in the social media landscape and expand Harlequin's reach by amplification through paid social initiatives.
- Strengthen and optimize the social media marketing program infrastructure on an ongoing basis, focusing on continual innovation and alignment with changing market trends.
- Provide strategic social media marketing direction and insights for high priority marketing campaigns.
- Maintain a customer-centric approach to social media by delivering consistent and measurable community engagement in order to facilitate meaningful relationships with our customers.
- Optimize framework for social media reporting and analysis, set benchmarks for success and communicate results on a consistent basis.
- Research and stay up to date on social media marketing innovations, trends and tools;
conduct analysis and share these insights with peers across the company.
- Develop social media best practices and training material for both internal (staff) and external (authors).
- Spearhead robust team of two social media coordinators and various freelance resources ensuring continued growth and ongoing performance optimization by providing ongoing coaching, feedback and development.
Competencies and skills required to perform this job include:
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills.
- Exceptional internal and internal relationship management capabilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information to nontechnical audiences.
- Creative and innovative thinker with a drive for results.
Specific training or job experience required includes:
- 4+ years of related experience and a strong background in social media & digital marketing
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in PR/Business/Marketing.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing platforms and tools like Trello, Social Media Management Software, Canva an asset.
- Digital experience in a consumer facing and/or entertainment brand environment a plus.
What's in It For You?
- The opportunity to be part of a company on the leading edge of publishing, working with a very talented team and exceptional books.
- Remote work, flexible start/stop times.
- Vacation allotment, starting at three weeks.
- Various virtual social activities to keep you connected
- we love trivia!
- Virtual author events and access to discounted books.
- Working with passionate people!
About HarperCollins Canada and Harlequin
Harlequin is a leading publisher of commercial fiction and narrative nonfiction. We publish more than 100 titles a month that reach audiences globally. Encompassing highly recognizable imprints that span a broad number of genres, we are home to many award-winning New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling authors. Harlequin is a division of HarperCollins Publishers, the second-largest consumer book publisher in the world. Through HarperCollins's global publishing program, Harlequin titles are published in 17 countries and 16 languages.
Known worldwide for the quality of its list, HarperCollins Canada is the proud home of many bestselling and award-winning authors, including Esi Edugyan, Heather O'Neill, and Lawrence Hill. It is our vision to publish the best books of our generation and to work with authors over the length and breadth of their careers. Our authors are at the centre of everything we do. In addition to the Canadian publishing program, HarperCollins Canada is responsible for the sales, marketing, and publicity of HarperCollins titles from around the globe.
HarperCollins Canada and Harlequin are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to
equal employment opportunities. Employment decisions are based on job requirements and the skills, knowledge, and experience of the candidate, regardless of any other factors unrelated to job performance.
We are also committed to ensuring that the accessibility needs of candidates and employees are considered and accommodated during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.