LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 51094
Why you should join us:
Are you a marketing professional looking to contribute to meaningful work in service of an iconic Canadian brand? Do you desire to use your skills to communicate with Canadians about what matters most to them? If you're intrigued by the energy transformation and keeping Canadians moving in a lower carbon future, then this could be the opportunity for you!
In this role, as part of our Brand Marketing team, you are responsible for managing the strategy and execution of social media channels in service of promoting the voice for the Petro-Canada brand. Every day you will be challenged to Live By The Leaf TM. To learn more about us and the exciting things our Petro-Canada team is doing click here.
You will use your expertise to:
- Deliver exceptional service levels and build effective collaborative relationships with stakeholders to develop integrated social media marketing strategies
- Integrate social media activities into overall integrated communications plans
- Lead the distribution/response of timely, relevant, and engaging content
- Monitor and measure the impact of social media performance as it relates to enhancing Petro-Canada's reputation and build long term engagement
- Contribute to detailed analysis across integrated campaigns to create actionable recommendations with a focus on continuous improvement
- Support our marketing groups from Petro-Points, Car Wash, Convenience Retailing, Fuels, Energy, Sponsorship, CareMakers Foundation and B2B
We'd like to review your application if you have...
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Seven years of Business Experience
- Five years leading and executing social media activities in a corporate B2C environment
- Experience producing and interpreting campaign performance reports, post analyses
- Experience in all aspects campaign execution from creative development through post-campaign analysis with test-learn-apply experience
- Progressive non-authoritative leadership skills
- Ability to build effective and collaborative relationships with business owners and external agencies; managing stakeholder expectations and handle difficult situations
- Astute analytical skills, test-learn-apply experience, and the ability to see and act on opportunities for improvement
- Excellent communication, presentation, and project management skills
- Keen business acumen, process-driven with a passion for social media
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Business experience in Marketing
- University degree in business or communications
- Experience working with a social media agency
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Where you'll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150
- 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, with the potential for extended work hours based on business needs
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we're responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else
- if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we're doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we're doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals