Who we are:
Crowfoot Village Family Practice is the only clinic of its kind in Canada. We are a publicly funded patient centred medical home providing care to more than 23, 000 patients from Calgary and the surrounding area using a unique patient
- based funding model. Our team includes physicians, a nurse practitioner, registered nurses, an LPN, behvaioural health consultant, health management nurse, pharmacists, respiratory educators, medical office assistants and administrative staff work together in a collaborative team-based environment focused on our patient's experience, delivering the highest quality care and a shared commitment to innovation.
The Opportunity: Engagement and Communications Specialist 1 Year Term Position 0.5 FTE
Reporting to the Executive Director the Engagement and Communications Specialist enables Crowfoot Village Family Practice (CVFP) to fulfill our vision and mission by developing and delivering timely, consistent, strategic communications that increase awareness and understanding of CVFP's work and impact of the patient-based funding model among target audiences which incorporates the patient and family member voice.
The primary focus of the role includes:
- Collaborating with CVFP's executive leadership team to develop and implement strategic communications plans aligned to CVFPs goals and priorities. Plans will identify objectives, audiences, key messages, communications channels and tactics, and evaluation metrics.
- Engaging with internal stakeholders to determine communications needs.
- Creating and managing content for a wide variety of communications tools, including brochures, reports, posters, presentations, video, websites, newsletters and social media
- Creation and coordination of a strategy to engage and communicate with CVFP patients
Who we are looking for:
- University degree or college diploma in communications / public relations or related field
- Minimum five years of experience in a communications or role with transferable skills
- Knowledge of the health system in Alberta an asset
- Knowledge of primary care an asset
- Comfortable writing/editing for a professional audience, sometimes on technical matters
- High attention to detail
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with website content management systems; experience using web analytics tools and social media dashboards
- Familiarity with website maintenance and design
- Experience implementing social media strategies, with proven metrics
- The opportunity to work alongside a team of highly-skilled professionals
- Competitive compensation, salary to be negotiated and are dependent upon experience.
- Benefits and Employee Family Assistance Program
- Wellness program
- Annual team retreats (when restrictions permit)
- Flexible work hours and a commitment to work/life balance
- Work remotely and on location
- Supportive team dynamics and regular opportunities for collaboration
- Strict COVID 19 protocols in place