This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated Editor who enjoys being a part of an exciting and fast-paced animation studio!
Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning animation studio with locations in Vancouver's Mt. Pleasant Animation District, Ottawa's Hintonburg neighborhood and LA. Since its inception over 20 years ago, Atomic Cartoons has created and produced numerous 2D and CG animation productions including Last Kids on Earth and Hello Ninja. Atomic is well known for its artist-friendly culture and flexible work environment. We are always looking for artists of all levels to join our team!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Import and manage media, prep timelines and assemble/rough cut sequences for the Lead Editor.
- Work closely with the Lead Editor and the Director.
- Ensure the production database (using Shotgun) is updated with current progress.
- Ensure that scenes cut into the sequence are correct in terms of version.
- Prepare sequence edits for client approval when required.
- Organize and run the dailies session.
- Aid in any pipeline/development issues that surround outsource.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Experience working in an Editorial Department on a CG series.
- Experience editing using Premiere Pro.
- A firm understanding of the animation process, workflow, and terminology.
- Possess an understanding of film and HD video formats, files, frame rates, and resolutions.
- File encoding/transcoding experience, including a sound understanding of video codecs and file formats.
- Basic Photoshop skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and task management.
- Currently legally eligible to work in Canada.
- BC residents preferred.
START DATE: June 2021
Atomic Cartoons Inc. and Thunderbird Entertainment welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.