- Safety & Industrial (0407)
8347 Roper Road
- Full Time
Guillevin is one of the largest distributors of electrical equipment in Canada. It also specializes in the distribution of industrial supplies, safety products and equipment, products for renewable energy as well as automation and controls. Guillevin's success is defined by its unique business model that encourages the active participation of its employees in the company's success. With more than 120 Business Centres strategically located across the country, the company distributes a wide variety of products from world-class manufacturers.
We are currently looking for an Outside Sales Representative in Fort McMurray, Alberta for our Fire, Safety and Industrial division. ?
SCOPE OF THE JOB:
Reporting to the Business Centre Manager of our Edmonton location and working from home (For McMurray, Alberta), the Outside Sales Representative is responsible for sourcing new sales opportunities and closing sales to achieve quotas. They will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with customers, generating leads, qualifying prospects, and managing sales of products and services.
- Generate sales reports each week and submit them to management:
- Focus on day-to-day PPE sales (ie. glasses, hard hats, gloves, etc)
- Heavy focus on gas detection and SCBA sales and service aspects
- Utilize all available resources to reach out to prospects and attempt to turn those prospects into customers
- Collaborate with the management team to improve marketing materials and expand the company's marketing presence in the territory.
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients
- Update client information in the company contact database (CRM)
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth
- Travel within sales territory to meet prospects and existing customers
- Conduct calls and face-to-face meetings with customers daily
- Build and maintain relationships with new and exiting customers
- Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts
- Educate customers on how our products and services can benefit them financially and professionally
- Ensure in-depth and current knowledge of customers, as well as strengths and weaknesses of competitors
- Follow up on all quotes provided to customers
- Maintain technical knowledge up-to-date on various product lines.
- Occasional overnight trips
- Working remotely from home
- Two (2) to five (5) years of sales and industry experience
- Professional and courteous demeanour
- Service experience with SCBAs and gas detection is an asset
- Self-motivated and comfortable working with little to no supervision
- Demonstrated sales ability
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail
- Patience and ability to tactfully handle customer negotiations
- Have a flair for building relationships with individuals and organizations
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English
Guillevin offers exciting and challenging careers as well as a competitive Benefits Program, Group RRSP and a Higher Education Awards Program for our employees' children.
Guillevin ensures equality in the recruitment and selection process by making employment decisions based on qualifications, relevant experience, knowledge and capability, demonstrated skills and accomplishments.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
The masculine gender is used solely to simplify the text.