The Community Manager will develop and execute the strategy for Customer Communities. The Community Manager will be responsible for engaging, managing and growing the Thomson Reuters Customer Communities.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Community Manager, you will:
- Monitor the community on a daily basis to identify and address, community issues, user engagement, company/product sentiment, relevant industry themes and opportunities for thought leadership/content alignment
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Work with community members and Product on beta testing opportunities, as well as maintain relationship with a Community Advisory Board to gather ongoing feedback
- Work with Customer Support and Product on issue management processes and tracking customer issues/complaints
- Onboard new users and work with Customer Support on registration issues
- Manage incoming requests for membership on a timely basis
- Engage with community members daily, including commenting on posts and providing updates on key issues or major product/company announcements
- Plan and schedule engagement events, such as expert speaking opportunities, virtual events and in-person networking meet-ups
- Work with segments on content opportunities, such as timely thought leadership articles and industry updates
- Work with Marketing and Communications to integrate community within campaign planning process for major events and conferences, and align execution efforts
- Build relationships with customers and cultivate relationships between community members to create meaningful sub-groups
- Analyze and optimize community strategy by developing monthly community analytics and listening reports to improve customer experience
- Be the liaison between Product and Digital, including working with user groups on community opportunities and passing along customer feedback for future enhancements
- Lead community gamification and awards, including developing campaigns and identifying super users
- Create scalable/repeatable processes and continued emphasis on growing the number of go-to members
- Ensure a healthy balance of Thomson Reuters content and user generated content
- 5+ years of experience managing a customer community
- You should be a ?people person' with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community
- Proven ability to take initiative within a matrix organization to build strong, productive relationships
- Demonstrated ability to achieve bold strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment and able to flex between multiple workstreams
- A degree in communication, English, journalism, marketing or related field
- Proficient in Google Analytics
- Experience navigating brand reputation; being a strategic thinker about crisis management processes and communication
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and able to develop engaging content
- Knowledge of CRM tools, marketing trends and techniques
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing posts or blogs)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Demonstrated ability to develop an inspiring Community vision and strategy
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and evangelize a strategy at every level of the organization
What's in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
Learning & Development:
Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- the ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series.
Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, LinkedIn Learning, and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services
- Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Toronto-Ontario-Canada;Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America