The North American Editorial team is looking for an Editor to join their Toronto team. The editor will be responsible for the development and promotion of culturally relevant, topical programming across genres, moods, and moments
- with specific focus on the local Hip-Hop & R&B spaces.
What you'll do
- Identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses for Canada (i.e., the perfect music for a dinner party with friends or the best running playlist.)
- Curate and maintain a large number of playlists in select genres for a variety of audiences, moods, and moments for Canada.
- Utilize analytics and data to inform curation decisions.
- Listen to music from select genres and identify appropriate programming opportunities.
- Collaborate with a global editorial team on a variety of projects and programming initiatives.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop playlist brands, marketing campaigns, and many other initiatives.
- Provide a strong, candid and unbiased editorial voice to create a first-class user experience.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Strong understanding of the local
- global Hip-Hop and R&B spaces.
- Proficiency in French language preferred.
- Knowledgeable of music trends across Canada, both currently and historically.
- Adept at assessing, evaluating and categorizing large amounts of new music in all genres
- Experience in music editorial/programming/curation, is required.
- A keen sense of what music is appropriate for any situation.
- A strong understanding of, and experience with, Spotify as a user and fan.
- Team spirit and excellent work ethic.
- A friendly and warm attitude...we are a very close-knit family!
- Exceptional verbal communication and organizational skills. Keen attention to detail.
- The ability to comprehend and productively respond to analytics.
- A strong propensity to take initiative and absolutely thrive on change.
- The ability to excel in individual work as well as with cross-functional, worldwide initiatives toward mutual objectives.
- Technical proficiency with common Mac/iOS/Google/Android software.
Perks of being in the band
Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave, six months off
- fully paid
- for all new parents.
All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what's playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world's most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.