The Graphic Designer plays an essential role in growing talent in our business through collaboration and sharing best practices with the Graphic Design team. You know how to be curious about their opportunities and how to be real with feedback and support.
The Graphic Designer works collaboratively with the Brand Team to develop design and execute graphic concepts that meet the business objectives and advance our brand strategy. They are responsible for creating visual concepts that inspire and captivate our consumer while creating a consistent brand representation across all materials, with a special focus on social media, including developing creative ideas and concepts.
As a growing business, Lush needs people that can adapt and evolve to the needs of our business, analyse and respond to your learner's needs. Our Lush staff live with purpose, finding their personal value connection with the values of our business, bringing their work and life paths into one holistic journey. #mylushlife
Reporting to the Senior Art Director, the Graphic Designer undertakes the following RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop creative work consistent with the Lush brand look and feel.
- Collaborate project owners, creative peers and internal stakeholders include art directors, copywriters, social and digital teams plus film and photo.
- Create innovative and appealing assets for social channels (Instagram, Facebook, Stories/Reels and other channels as needed) in partnership with social content writers and marketing leads.
- Design across a variety of mediums such as digital, social media, signage and presentations.
- Translate business marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, uplifts our products and/or values and is emotionally compelling.
- Shape decisions in response to creative and marketing leadership feedback.
- Ability to explain your work, process and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and use feedback to help you produce your best work.
- Help foster a culture of design excellence, setting a consistently high bar for execution and delivery of highly engaging experiences across all customer touchpoints.
- Research and be on top of creative trends in competitive markets and in social media and apply that knowledge and learning to the development of new marketing projects.
- Use project management tools to effectively communicate the status, needs, roadblocks of a design project.
You bring the following QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of relevant graphic design/artist experience
- A passion for design as a storytelling medium demonstrated through a portfolio of marketing campaigns and design projects
- Strong understanding of the fundamental principles of design (composition, typography, emphasis, contrast, balance and alignment, pacing and proportion)
- Proficient experience designing for social media
- High level of proficiency with the following: Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines
- Results driven
- Solid interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design, New Media or related field or equivalent experience
- Related experience in a retail environment would be a major asset
- Experience working for a consumer packaged goods brand
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our staff and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.