Buhler Versatile Inc. has an immediate opening for a graphic designer. As part of the marketing team, you and reporting to the Head of Marketing the Graphic Designer is responsible for creating practical and clear visual communication solutions while maintaining brand standards and identity. The Graphic Designer develops creative concepts that align with strategic objectives, and works with the team to deliver quality projects in a timely manner. Projects include generating new product campaigns, advertisements, digital assets, literature, graphics, decals, signage and other event or promotional material as needed.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain brand vision, identity and materials for Versatile and new products as directed.
- Responsible for overall brand standards and initiatives, including all print and web marketing materials and corporate templates.
- Create graphic elements and layouts for print (brochures, signage, advertising, calendars etc.) and digital (web, email marketing, landing pages, advertising and social media).
- Manage the production of literature, sales sheets, product decals, promotional materials, signage, tradeshow displays and dealer materials.
- Coordinate with internal departments, suppliers, publishers, and printers, specking projects, sending final materials and ensuring quality.
- Transform an idea or concept to a final product including determining the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect.
- Generate new creative campaigns for various products and special promotions.
- Create logos and graphics development, as well as support in the preparation of presentations and briefings for stakeholder meetings, including the development of infographics and iconography.
- Design, build, implement and update all corporate websites (Dreamweaver).
- Maintain and update websites and tools as needed using HTML, CSS and PHP.
- Involvement in product design, working with engineering and product managers to verify product styling adheres to brand standard.
- Design and produce all equipment brand decals including determining size and shape by working with engineering and by physical measuring of product.
- Maintain and organize version control, exports, working files, imagery and icons.
- Stay up to date with the latest design trends and execute new aesthetics and graphic styles to capture audiences.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally within the marketing team.
- Proof all assets for content, accuracy and consistency.
- Ensure projects are completed with a high degree of quality and on time.
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design or equivalent.
- More than three (3) years of related experience.
- Expert knowledge using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator etc.)
- Experience using Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, and PHP to create and edit web assets.
- Familiarity with HubSpot is an asset.
- Proven ability to take projects from concept through to final production.
- Creative thinking skills with a keen eye for detail, color and typography.
- Knowledge of the print production process, pre-press knowledge as well as digital design best practices.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, working on several projects within tight timelines.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.