OLDF is looking for recent grads, youths and students to join our editorial team for our publications. You will have a hand in managing the day-to-day editorial responsibilities, using your skills and expertise to monitor workflow and support the editorial staff face-to-face or remotely.
Ontario Learning Development Foundation (OLDF) is a registered charity in Canada that performs training and educational services to youths, children, new immigrants, and seniors. Our mission is to transform our communities through integrated educational and community-response empowerment initiatives for children, youth, new immigrants and their families.
This position reports to the Managing Editor and will complete the following tasks:
- Collaborate with the managing editor in overseeing the design and brand of our publications, website, and social media platforms
- Collaborate with the editorial team in acquiring images, graphic art or from outsourced artists
- Create a social media campaign for the publications
- Passion for empowering themselves and other youth
- Strong understanding of the creative process behind digital design, as well as social and digital brand development
- Must have 1-3 years' experience creating impactful designs
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop (video editing skills would be a bonus)
- Capable of leading projects from concept to completion
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work well independently and in a team
- Flexible hours with team meetings, approx. 20-30 hours/week
- Must be available for nine to fourteen weeks contract
- Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Number of position
- Work from home / Remote work due to COVID-19
Since this is a funded position by Canada Summer Job grants, all applicants must be a youth (citizen, PR or conventional refugee) between 15
- 30 years of age to qualify.
The application deadline is May 15, 2021
We would like to thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request no emails, faxes, phone calls, social media posts or requests to meet, please.