OLDF is looking for recent grads, youths and students to join our editorial team for our publications. You will have a hand in managing the day-to-day editorial responsibilities, using your skills and expertise to monitor workflow and support the editorial staff face-to-face or remotely.
Ontario Learning Development Foundation (OLDF) is a registered charity in Canada that performs training and educational services to youths, children, new immigrants, and seniors. Our mission is to transform our communities through integrated educational and community-response empowerment initiatives for children, youth, new immigrants and their families.
This position reports to the Managing editor and will complete the following tasks:
- Proofread and edit a variety of materials using Canadian Press and house style guidelines to correct errors in grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation
- Collaborate with the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor to ensure project completion on deadline
- Write occasional news and feature stories
- Assist with digital content management and online print production
- Create and edit copy and layout for internal documents.
The successful candidate for this role will bring the following skills and experiences:
- Post-secondary education in English, Journalism, Communications, or closely related fields.
- Minimum of two years' experience in copy editor/proofreading/editorial role.
- Ability to apply effective verbal, non-verbal, and written communication methods. Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work harmoniously and productively with staff and authors.
- Organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail to be able to multitask and prioritize assignments.
- Motivated self-starter and a hard worker.
- Ability to read materials to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors within tight deadlines before publication
- Flexible hours with team meetings, approx. 20-30 hours/week
- Must be available for a nine to fourteen weeks contract
- Salary: $14.25 per hour
- Number of position
- Work from home / Remote work due to COVID-19
Since this is a funded position by Canada Summer Job grants, all applicants must be a youth (citizen, PR or conventional refugee) between 15
- 30 years of age to qualify.
The application deadline is May 15, 2021
We would like to thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request no emails, faxes, phone calls, social media posts or requests to meet, please.