OLDF is looking for recent grads, youths and students to join and head our summer editorial team for our online magazines. You will have a hand in managing the day-to-day editorial responsibilities, using your skills and expertise to monitor workflow and support the editorial staff remotely.
Ontario Learning Development Foundation (OLDF) is a registered charity in Canada that performs training and educational services to youths, children, new immigrants, and seniors. Our mission is to transform our communities through integrated educational and community-response empowerment initiatives for children, youth, new immigrants and their families.
Plan, write, and assign stories, coordinate and edit online copy of the magazine.
- Assist in recruiting other members of the publication team
- Manage the workflow of a quarterly magazine from initial concept to publication online.
- Ensure the magazine achieves publication target dates on time and within budget.
- Ensure a high standard of content, in terms of subject matter, grammar, style, and accuracy.
- Oversee layout and design, bringing a sense of creativity and flair to the task.
- Engage and manage relationships with freelance writers, photographers and graphic artists.
- Work with potential advertisers to encourage long term business relationships.
- Experience leading and managing a team of creative people
- Passion to empower themselves and other youths.
- University degree in Journalism, Marketing, Digital Marketing, Advertising or Arts
- Proficient user of Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop and Acrobat)
- Degree or Diploma in Journalism, English Literature, Creative Writing or in a related field.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in magazine editing and management.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and especially written skills (Canadian Press Style).
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Effective organizational skills, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Flexible hours with team meetings, approx. 30-35 hours/week
- Must be available for eight to ten weeks contract
- ability to work on several editions
- Salary: $14.50 per hour
- Number of position
- Work from home / Remote work due to COVID-19
Since this is a funded position by Canada Summer Job grants, all applicants must be a youth (citizen, PR or conventional refugee) between 15
- 30 years of age to qualify.
The application deadline is May 15, 2021
We would like to thank all those that apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We request no emails, faxes, phone calls, social media posts or requests to meet, please.