As the world's number one distributor of heating, plumbing, industrial, and waterworks supplies, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
Wolseley Canada offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
Outside Sales Representative
The Outside Sales Representative maintains strong customer relationships with existing customers while developing new customer potential by offering professional, effective and efficient solutions. The incumbent promotes and sells existing and new products to meet branch sales objectives and achieve sales results. Directs and supervises branch employees.
- Communicates with existing customers to secure continuing sales and maintain strong customer relationships;
- Optimizes the existing customer base by promoting and selling existing and new products and services to our customers;
- Offers professional, effective and efficient solutions to customer inquiries;
- Provide quotations, technical support, literature, and other support/materials for customers;
- Develops new customer potential by examining market opportunities and potential customer needs, tailoring products and services, and selling solutions to potential customers;
- Providing direction, training, coaching and leadership to branch employees;
- Communicates customer concerns on inventory and delivery so that customer loyalty is maintained and patterns continually evolve with customers changing requirements;
- Participates in setting branch sales objectives and is accountable for achieving sales results (revenue, gross margin, account targets and monthly sales quotas);
- Advises the branches of pricing competitiveness to achieve margin expectations while, at the same time, ensuring flexibility in gaining large volume and/or new customer accounts
- Pro-actively communicates with Branch management on all aspects of customer alliances ensuring customers and branch expectations are met in a manner consistent with contract terms and any issues are immediately addressed;
- Provides feedback and recommendations on new products, services, and market conditions to customers, and branch management
- Participates in trade shows, training and associated product meetings where appropriate
- Post Secondary education in Business Administration or a related discipline
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years experience in a similar role, preferably within the wholesale distribution industry
- Demonstrated ability to lead and build a successful team;
- Knowledge of Waterworks industry products is required;
- Demonstrated sales and cold-calling experience, ideally within the industry;
- Consistently meeting deadlines within a fast paced work environment and works effectively within time constraints
- Strong ability to work independently to efficiently manage the assigned territory and accounts;
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships;
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work in a collaborative team based environment;
- Highly organized in prioritizing work and multi-tasking;