Key Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams and project managers to develop strategic community engagement and communication for large environmental assessments, transit and infrastructure development projects
- Planning and coordinating project activities, including engagement activities and tactics, workshops, advisory committees, and public/ Indigenous community meetings
- Facilitating meetings with clients and stakeholders
- Creating communication materials including key messages, FAQs, presentations and story boards
- Evaluating the effectiveness of engagement programs and services
- Coordinating contracts, budgets, commitments, expenditures, invoices and project performance
- Supporting the growth of the community engagement portfolio through the development of project proposals and other business development activities
- Assisting with internal and external document control and project records
- Supporting the project compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental requirements and coordination of AECOM's quality control program
+ Prepare communication collateral: display boards, postcards, factsheets, notices and discussion guides;
- Prepare and implement communication, engagement, and outreach strategies to promote projects;
- Support the development of digital media and website development activities, including writing content for social media and websites;
- Plan and execute in-person and virtual meetings;
- Collect and enter data related to online engagement and surveys;
- Collate and manage community engagement reporting; and,
- Miscellaneous assignments on an as-needed basis.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible
- the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
- Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record's 2020 ?Top 200 Environmental Firms?
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record's 2020 ?Top 500 Design Firms?
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
AECOM is the leading, worldwide environmental services provider to industry and government
- delivering sustainable energy and environmental solutions to meet compliance, business and operational needs. Our advisory and technical staff deliver specialized solutions to unusual and complex problems facing client projects across the full business life cycle
Our services are delivered by 7,400 responsive environmental professionals around the world. Our global staff has in-depth knowledge of local and regional requirements and broad technical expertise in 60 disciplines. We work together across our global network to bring the best resources, skills and efficiencies to our projects.
- BA/BS in public relations, community engagement, communication, environmental planning, or related field
- 2 years of strategic community engagement and communication relevant experience as well as professional writing experience including: plain language, AODA, web-content, internal and external communications or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Any required certifications
- Technical, Masters or Bachelor's degree program. Preferred fields are public relations, community engagement, communication, or environmental planning
- At least three years experience in strategic community engagement and communication
- At least three years professional writing experience including: plain language, AODA, web-content, internal and external communications
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills; this role requires continuous interaction with team leaders, client management and the public
- Strong knowledge of project management concepts and processes
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and remotely if required
- Ability to express ideas logically, clearly and concisely
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Must possess a valid class G driver's license and vehicle
- Experience with online and virtual engagement including social media
- Experience with government relations, media relations, public relations, stakeholder analysis and facilitation are an asset
- Experience with Indigenous community engagement and socio-economic studies is an asset
- Experience with Adobe Suite, WordPress, Survey Monkey, Engagement HQ, Social Pinpoint, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx is an asset
- IAP2, CPRS, IABC, IAF membership or certification is an asset
- Travel will be required to service clients, primarily in Ontario, Canada
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to ?make amazing happen? in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach