Date Posted: 03/23/2021
Req ID: 3514
Faculty/Division: Office of the President
Department: Office of Vice President, Communications
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
University of Toronto Communications (UTC) is the University's central resource for communications expertise. We are a group of strategists, planners, marketing specialists, editors, writers, designers and visual artists. Our job is to work with partners throughout the U of T community as we all tell the University's great story.
The Senior Communications Production Planner will play akey role in supporting and enhancing internal communications at the University of Toronto. Under the direction of the Internal Communications Strategist, the Senior Communications Production Planner helps to develop and execute internal communications plans, ensuring that activities are completed within agreed upon timelines and that internal stakeholder groups are informed of their progress. The Senior Communications Production Planner is also responsible for developing content for our internal communications channels, including the Bulletin Brief, the University of Toronto's e-newsletter, which is distributed thrice-weekly to our staff, faculty and librarians.
Your responsibilities will include:
Developing and implementing integrated communication plans to support high-profile University initiatives and issues.
- Advising on strategies to communicate across multiple channels.
- Researching and writing news stories for assigned channels.
- Developing charter, scope, resources and schedule for project(s). Implementing project communications plans.
- Building and strengthening relationships with stakeholders and partners of strategic importance.
- Advising internal stakeholders on strategic approaches and tactics
- Determining key performance indicators to measure success.
- Creating and/or editing original, published content and materials.
Bachelor's Degree or an acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years of related experience.
- Demonstrated experience creating effective communication plans and strategies, coordinating projects and overseeing project timelines.
- Demonstrated writing experience, including demonstrated ability to write in a variety of styles and voices for a range of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with partner groups across the organization, to providesupport to them to achieve their goals at the university.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to interact with all levels of academic and administrative staff.
- Experience and a high degree of intuition with new media as communications tools is a necessity.
- Facility with basic web development and mail delivery tools (e.g., Drupal, MailChimp) and basic understanding of HTML.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel.
- Facility with basic image editing software (e.g., Photoshop).
- Facility with web publishing tools (e.g., general Content Management System experience).
- Proficiency with PC computer formats and the Internet.
- Aptitude tolearn and keep pace with new web publishing technologies.
Familiarity with Asana an asset.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Team player
Closing Date: 05/20/2021, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget
Schedule: Full-Time with occasional overtime on weekends.
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone: USW Pay Band 15
- $83,481 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $106,758. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations