Title: Content/ Graphic Designer
Employment Type : Full-time
Report to: Manager
- Creative Strategy & Design
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021 at 5:00pm EST
Black Professionals in Tech Network (BPTN) is the largest Black tech network in North America with over 20,000+ members. We bridge the "Network gap" in the tech industry by providing Black tech and business professionals with access to senior executive sponsorship, skill-building and a strong peer network to support professional growth and advancement. We facilitate exposure for tech companies to hire, retain and promote Black tech talent through talent pipeline building, recruitment, internal culture development and becoming an "Employer of Choice."
The Content Designer will report directly to the Manager
- Creative Strategy & Design. This individual will create the digital content that keeps the BPTN community engaged through a variety of marketing channels including Social, Web, E-mail, Events and PR. The Content Designer will have a thorough understanding of BPTN's core brand design elements and be responsible for its accuracy and consistency across all design executions.
The Content Designer will support the development of content for BPTN marketing programs including event marketing content to drive attendance. Design work will include website landing pages, executive speaker presentations, email design, on-site event collateral and sales collateral. They will also be responsible for design and copy targeting BPTN's corporate and press partners and other design projects as they arise.
Digital Marketing Content
- Graphic and video design for marketing content across all channels, ie. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, E-mail and web that seeks to actively engage BPTN members.
- Ideate and form concepts for new digital content executions, while being able to convey and illustrate those ideas to the marketing team before fully bringing it to life.
- Onboard any external agencies or partners to the BPTN design guidelines before they engage in the handling of BPTN marketing communications.
- Establish a consistent visual design framework for all speaker presentations, event marketing content, webinars, and overall event experiences.
- Lead the design of all on-site (when health & safety protocols allow) event materials including pamphlets, posters, and items in gift bags.
- Support the Events Lead in formulating the overall story-arc of an event; including identifying the desired output for attendees, and the content that speakers should cover in order for it be most valuable for BPTN members.
Partnerships and PR Content
- Contribute design execution in all BPTN partnerships collateral, including brochures, sell sheets, e-mail and presentations.
- Developing BPTN media packages that are required for any press release of new product features, corporate partnership announcements, or other important BPTN news.
- 5+ Years' experience as an in-house designer & video content maker/ editor
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency with video editing tools
- Experience with graphic applications, including a high proficiency in content creation for digital marketing channels.
- Knowledge of innovative design tools that can automate or scale portions of BPTN content creation.
- Breadth of experience in selecting and designing typography, particular for online products and marketing channels.
- Ability to identify what design elements resonate with an online community and continue to scale the use of them. Whether that is by gathering feedback from users or working closely with the Marketing team to assess top-performing content.
- Strong communication skills, with an ability to clearly describe visual ideas in a way that a broad team audience can conceptualize.
- Creative thinker that is fearless in communicating new ideas to the team and challenges the status quo. While being able to energize the team with these ideas, and act quickly on conceptualizing them.
- Self-starter who can manage and prioritize workloads with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects from initial conceptualization to completion.
- Willingness to wear multiple hats, be open to ideas and pitch in whenever and wherever needed, to help get the job done.
- Experience setting priorities, monitoring projects, ensuring follow-through while being able to adapt to change in an extremely fast-paced work environment.
- Fearless ability to fail fast, learn from it, and make strategic recommendations on how to improve.
- Passion for building and helping connect Black Professionals in Tech, to accomplish the community's goals to connect, recruit and excel.
- Ability to conceptualize design from both formal and informal briefs
- Competitive salaries
- Health Benefits
- Lifestyle & Wellness spending account
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Group retirement savings, employer matched RRSP contributions
- Work from home
- Flexible work hours
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced Startup with a dream team. At BPTN, we embrace differences. We create a space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We're committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.