A global leading green tea company ITO EN (North America) INC. is opening a position for Sales & Marketing Manager Canada West. Seeking a candidate who can start as soon as possible, but open for discussion.
1. General Position Summary
Responsible for working with GM of Canada and our customers to expand the sales of our products through distributor and end customer partnerships. Will contribute to developing strategy for retail, foodservice, e-commerce customers related with Canada West market. May conduct product training sessions with key accounts and distributors. Work with our U.S. team for marketing activities with customers in support of overall company growth strategy.
2. Job Functions
Primary Job Functions
- Develop and execute sales and marketing programs that deliver annual sales and profitability goals in the Canada dept (GAC & Asia).
- Work with GM and/or other Regional sales manager on execution of Ito En branded.
- Area of Responsibility: BC, AB, SK, MB *Any additions or changes to the area of responsibility will be discussed and decided upon by supervisor and the person themselves.
- Identify opportunities and implement plans for line extensions and new product development while working closely with Production and Marketing team.
- Solicit and sell Ito En products to Canadian market, such as retail, foodservice accounts in the assigned territory.
- Propose product displays and new products to maximize the product exposure at accounts.
- Help organizing, rotating, and stocking shelves during store visits.
- Maintain appropriate product placement levels in the beverage and tea sets, both dry shelves and coolers.
- Meet customer service expectations through daily communication, problem resolution, and prompt follow up.
- Participate in meetings and ride-alongs with distributors to increase relationships, open new accounts, and sell new items.
- Place POS to maximize visibility and exposure of our products.
- Support store reset, schematic enforcement (if applicable), and excellent service to ensure new products and customers are successful.
- Ensure that strategic marketing and retail support plans are implemented.
- Place and maintain point of sale and advertisements in appropriate accounts.
- Assist with trade shows and special events held inside/outside assigned territory as requested.
- Assist supervisors with distributor and retail relationships and execution in the region.
- Achieve established monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets.
- Keep up with required reporting responsibilities.
Secondary Job Functions
- Attending necessary meetings such as Mid-year/end-of-year meeting in NY, weekly team huddle...etc.
- Attending social networking events/meet-ups to find new distribution opportunities through products sampling/sponsorship for those events as well as maintaining relationships at each communities.
3. Essential Job Requirements
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of two years grocery retail sales experience with a proven track record of meeting sales objectives.
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a spirit of teamwork and express individual viewpoint while also acknowledging and learning from others.
- Skills to utilize applicable pricing and economic models with the ability to calculate and consider margins, costs, and other financial factors to make sound pricing and promotional programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as time management skill.
- Experience working with minimal supervision.
- GED required; Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Valid driver's license, current vehicle liability insurance, and driving record within MVR policy guidelines.