We are on a mission to revolutionize transportation safety and efficiency through world-class products, systems, services, and the most advanced connected truck platform in the marketplace. Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS) provides industry-leading road safety equipment and software services to government transportation and law enforcement agencies and our subsidiary, Drivewyze, is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers across North America.
We are looking for a driven, customer-centric, self-starter who understands how well-executed operations drive revenue in a SaaS organization. As a builder and systems-thinker, you thrive in creating cohesion through streamlining processes and developing new programs that have a high impact on the business.
Location: Head Office, Edmonton
Report to: Vice President of Marketing
About the Role
As a Business Proposal Writer, you will be responsible for writing engaging conference bid proposals and preparing bid presentations. Working closely with the Director of Government Sales, CEO, and the other members of the business development team, you are a self-starter, driven to execute, a natural organizer, and an exceptional writer who takes provide in crafting and positioning messages.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interact with multiple teams and SMEs to create timely, persuasive, and effective responses to RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, and Invitations to Bid.
- Review RFPs to identifies response deliverables and establish submission schedules and requirements.
- Conduct kickoff meetings and coordinate responsibilities of the response team, and schedule review stages and deadlines.
- Create response outlines and solicit, coordinate, and edit proposal content from multiple SMEs and business groups.
- Proofread and edit proposals to ensure they follow company standards for accuracy, quality, marketing focus, and brand.
- Provide quality assurance for all documents and materials, including ensuring due diligence of proposal production and submission of a fully compliant bid.
- Proactively work with the Sales team on subcontracting opportunities by contacting General Contractors, preparing Price Quotes and Scope of Work documents.
- Maintain and augment a technical response repository of key RFP documents, response templates, and resumes.
- Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, and follows established branding and formatting styles.
- Work with the Sales team to create influential sales collateral for new products and services.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Intelligent Imaging Systems and Drivewyze products and services.
- At least 3+ years experience in B2B sales/business development environment with proposal creation responsibility.
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in marketing/communications or business-related field; or equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong editing skills and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Self-starter, motivated, results-driven team player with superior organizational skills and high attention to detail.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it is like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don't iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let's talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Social initiatives and virtual events until we are back in the office to battle in our games room (we call it Vegas) and face-off in ping pong, foosball, darts, and board games.
- Team social events.
- Organized fun time
- Debate a book in the book club, compete in our fitness challenge, or when we return to the office, join in a game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We're on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze's parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry's most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.