Cash Casinos and ACE Casino were recently acquired by a new ownership group and is undertaking a transformation and modernization of its Casino businesses located in Calgary and Red Deer. We are an Alberta based, family-owned business looking to grow our Casino's leadership team. Our current locations include Cash Casino Calgary, Cash Casino Red Deer and ACE Casino Calgary. Plans are underway for construction of a brand-new facility by the Calgary Airport.
In this exciting, interactive, and collaborative role, the Guest Experience & Promotions Manager will help develop and implement Cash Casino and ACE's marketing strategy for the three Calgary and Red Deer casino locations as well as provide leadership to our Guest Experience team. This role will be based out of Cash Casino Calgary off of Blackfoot Trail and will relocate to our new Airport casino location following construction in 2022.
Cash and ACE Casinos are primed for growth and need a true leader who's not afraid to go beyond the scope of a typical marketing role. If you thrive in a dynamic environment, love to interact with guests and your team, and have a passion to be an integral part of an inspired and motivated leadership team this is the opportunity for you.
Guest Experience & Promotions Manager responsibilities:
- Oversees the Guest Experience service standards and department budget, undertakes corrective action, ensures scheduling and expenditures are controlled.
- Ensures promotion initiatives are coordinated with department and casino staff. Maintains current knowledge of promotions, events, products, and general information relating to all facets of the business where there is guest interaction. Ensures that the team is knowledgeable of all promotions and events.
- Responsible for social media marketing, liaising between department leads and the company's third-party graphic design company, posting advertisements throughout the casino properties and managing digital signage within the properties.
- Recognizes and organizes the development of business opportunities; builds relationships with key clients, local business, organizations, and their local community leaders'.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are followed. Monitors guest services financial transactions, ensures paperwork is completed and deposits are undertaken.
- Retains a thorough and updated knowledge of company policies and procedures, provincial and local regulations for casino operations. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Produces and manages 12 month promotion and event calendar for entertainment & promotions.
- Implements marketing promotions for the brand. Develops metrics to ensure all marketing programs produce a positive return on investment (ROI).
- Creates, posts, and publishes compelling content on the company's social media outlets and website (primarily Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.).
- Seeks out new marketing resources, monitor trends and test out new social media outlets.
- Manages social media engagement; develop communication templates and guidelines, and monitor systems to ensure guidelines are being adhered to.
- Supports department leads to develop event and promotional marketing materials.
- Facilitates communication regarding upcoming events and marketing initiatives.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to improve and strengthen Cash Casino's brand communication through digital storytelling, contests, and other marketing avenues.
- Acts as the MC for special events and announces major promotions and prize giveaways.
- Maintains presence at all locations, including travel on a bi-weekly basis to the Red Deer location.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Manages the performance of direct reports including: training, appraising performance, providing positive and corrective feedback, coaching, and administering discipline; handles payroll and human resources issues for staff members.
- Holds meetings with guest experience staff as applicable and communicates issues, concerns and feedback to/from casino management.
- Ensures that a high level of performance and customer service is maintained and takes advantage of all opportunities to improve upon both. Ensures guests' requests, concerns and expectations are addressed and fulfilled.
- Builds strategies to improve processes, customer service, team moral and department standards.
- Works in collaboration with team members to ensure participation in company initiatives and effective communication occurs by receiving feedback about events, promotions, customer experience, and operational challenges and successes.
- Drives excellence in the casino's overall customer experience program. Acts as the customer experience ambassador by providing outstanding customer experience on the casino floor. Seeks to improve the guest experience for all new, returning, guests and VIP clientele.
- Engages with Casino staff and guests; conducts pride walks to ensure facility standards are being upheld in all areas.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Marketing, preferably in the hospitality or entertainment industry.
- College diploma in Marketing, Graphic Design, or related field. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Comfortable and experienced using online resources and social media outlets such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, and Google Business.
- Strong communication skills with a desire to interact and speak frequently with the public.
- Experience with graphic design software is an asset, but not essential.
- Ability to strictly adhere to multiple deadlines and work well under pressure in order to meet organizational goals.
- Comfortable using a computer and the MS Office Suite (MS Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint).
- Experience with managing online marketing campaigns through Google My Business, Facebook and Instagram advertising platforms is an asset.
- Experience with updating website content on WordPress and Drupal based websites is an asset.
- Excellent communicator; both verbal and written.
- Proven leadership skills
- able to direct and supervise staff.
- Demonstrates and promotes teamwork.
- Ability to multi-task, organize workload and work under pressure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to handle high pressure situations.
- Creative, innovative, and self- motivated.
- Proven to be detail oriented, reliable, punctual, efficient, and diligent in duties and responsibilities.
- Effective public speaking skills and presence.
- Ability to work all shifts, weekends, holidays, and special events as needed.
This role requires a clear criminal record check.
Competitive compensation will be based on experience and education. Compensation includes individual and family health and dental benefits, life insurance and eligible to join our RRSP matching program.