Careers that Change Lives!
Our space, the medical device and healthcare industry, is rapidly changing. It always has been that way. With remote monitoring, wearables, robotics, AR/VR, telemedicine, and much more, agility and responsiveness are key to our success. Experience what it's like to work at a company with an exciting product pipeline full of patented inventions driving innovation in the healthcare space.
Bring your talents to an innovative medical technology and healthcare solutions leader. We deliver with the training, mentorship, and guidance to build your future success.
This position can be based in Calgary/Edmonton, AB or Vancouver, BC
A day in the life.
This role is responsible for strategically leading the Regional RMS sales organization. Develop and implement a business strategy to accomplish the revenue and profitability of RMS within the region. Accountability for recruitment, assessment, development, and retention strategies for regional field personnel. Builds, grows and leads a best-in-class sales organization. Coordinates sales activities across the assigned region to enhance the customer experience and drive revenue goals.
Manage and implement the necessary change management strategies in areas such as talent management, territory alignment, sales and sales management practices. Work under the leadership of the Director of Sales and Marketing in conjunction with the Health System Strategies (HSS) organization and other shared services within Medtronic of Canada to create and execute long term strategies that will drive the full potential of the RMS business in the Canadian healthcare market.
Responsible to train and coach Account Managers and Clinical Specialist to bring focus, excellence in execution as well as being an agent of change to ease the introduction of new value proposition within the marketplace. Lead business development initiatives and support marketing manager in their daily tasks.
- Plans, directs, and monitors the activities of a sales team within a specified region/district/geography to achieve established sales targets.
- Develops and/or implements business strategies for existing and potential accounts.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of a sales team in order to implement the organization's overall sales strategy for an assigned region/district/geography.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with all key account personnel and relevant functions in order to support selling, market development, service efforts and clinical programs.
- Identifies opportunities and develops new programs to meet the organization's sales plans to increase market share.
- Assesses need for the addition of new selling programs and processes, conducts competitive analysis, and implements strategies.
- Coaches sales representatives on the technical aspects of the organization's products and services; on marketing campaigns and sales promotions; and on sales techniques, procedures, and standards that will help them achieve their sales targets.
- Responsible for reporting complaints and Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR)
- Develop annual and strategic sales plans for the region to meet revenue, margin, profitability, and market penetration goals. Develop and manage sales forecasts and revenue plans.
- Partner with appropriate cross-functional partners such as Marketing, Service, Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain, and clinical staff to implement strategies and tactics to address issues and meet goals. With Marketing, formulates sales and marketing plans and programs to achieve business goals.
- Hire, develop, and retain field personnel for the sales organization. Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to direct management and support staff through field visits, observation, and measurement of results. Provide coaching and performance evaluations for direct staff and ensure these practices are implemented effectively throughout the organization. Effectively allocate resources to meet established short and long term goals.
- Lead, guide, and coach direct reports to set and achieve business targets, improve selling and negotiation skills and productivity, implement effective account strategies and tactics and build sustainable customer relationships.
- Manage the daily frontline, customer-facing operations of RMS. Together with internal partners, deliver needed Service and Support to clinical customers. Manage customer related Field Actions/recall activity, optimize Inventory levels.
- Partner with the Sales Training and Development function and Marketing to implement sales training initiatives and ensure that field personnel receive adequate training.
- Proactively identify changes in health care, delivery systems, and reimbursement. Take appropriate action to minimize the impact to the business.
- Strategically coordinates sales activities and develops and ensures execution of programs across region to enhance the customer experience and drive revenue goals and optimize the service and support activities by leveraging all available technologies to improve it at better cost.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the client base.
- Maintain a high degree of customer contact/interaction in an attempt to enhance the customer experience, build customer understanding of corporate vision and goals and supporting local team in strengthening relationships.
- Ensure that the company's ethical position is maintained and effectively communicates and manages the company business conduct policies. Ensure the field is educated and understands and ensures adheres Medtronic operating policies, including the Business Conduct Standards.
- Effectively monitor and control expenses to ensure the organization meets financial goals established by the organization.
- Ensure that Medtronic's ethical position is maintained and effectively communicates and manages the compliance, education and adherence of the regional cardiovascular team to all Medtronic operating policies, Business Conduct Standards, systems and processes.
- Bachelor's degree, or; Advanced degree
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Healthcare system is critical
- Knowledge of PHSA and AHS organizations necessary
- Degree in health science (RT, Nursing etc) or business preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant sales and leadership experience, with bachelor's degree or;
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant sales and leadership experience, with advanced degree
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
- Ability to travel 50% of the time to all 4 westerns provinces
- Change Management training and experience
- Financial acumen
- ability to positively influence others
- Selling to c-suite
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We seek out and hire a diverse workforce at every level: We need fresh ideas and inclusive insights to continue to be an innovative industry leader
- that's why we make it a point to seek out, attract and develop employees who are patient-centric, passionate, and who represent the same wide variety of life experiences as our patients.
Medtronic Canada strives through our vision to build a culture of inclusiveness through our commitment to employment equity and diversity. Discrimination is prohibited on any grounds protected under Canadian Human Rights legislation. Employment applications are encouraged from all members of our community. Upon request, candidates with disabilities will be accommodated during the recruitment process.