Mejuri is a direct-to-consumer approach to buying jewellery for the modern woman. We are about making luxury a habit
- disrupting the traditional jewellery industry to make fine jewellery affordable and empowering women to purchase for themselves. Series B funded, and one of the fastest growing global digital brands, we are backed by strong VC investors such as Natalie Massenet's Imaginary Ventures, NEA and Felix Capital.
We focus on perfecting every customer touchpoint, creating the best digital and in-store experiences and content that is conversational and engaging. We are a team of designers, writers, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team and help us make luxury fun and accessible.
?Mejuri redefines personal jewelry decisions?
?75 per cent of Mejuri's customers are women buying for themselves, and 30 per cent make repeat purchases each month. Among those filling their virtual baskets? Lizzo, Selena Gomez, Margot Robbie and Oprah Winfrey.?
- British Vogue
A multi-disciplinary Graphic Design Lead who pushes the brand forward through design, creates design consistency and supports the creation of brand communications through design excellence and technically sound graphics.
As the Graphic Design Lead on the creative team, you hold a strong technical background and passion for typography, layout, fashion, and art. You are obsessed with details and highly organized. As the brand evolves, it will be your role to keep design guidelines up to date, and to ensure all executions reflect these guidelines.
Working closely with your counterparts in both design and content, you are responsible for designing graphics within an established brand identity system, always striving towards design excellence. You are multidisciplinary in your craft in order to ultimately create a cohesive design experience across brand and advertising touchpoints.
The other key aspect of this role is partnering with the Art Director in overseeing outputs of day to day work by the design team and freelancers.
- Collaborate with the Creative team and Marketing team to articulate and execute ideas, test, and iterate
- Research new design ideas, stay on top of new digital channels and trendsBe involved in different phases of development, from ideation to design development, video editing to print production
- Emails layouts and management on the email marketing platformInstagram
- Story development support, in collaboration with the Content Creator
- Ads design in both static and video formats, independently or in collaboration with peer designers
- Pixel perfect layouts for website graphics, landing page designs, and editorial story designs
- Graphics for packaging containers, inserts, stickers, and the like Graphics for stores, including editorial posters, lookbooks, and informational signage, and event signage
- Advertising graphics for channels as needed, including out-of-home, direct mail, gifting, magazine
- Light support on brand-related initiatives (i.e. editorial, online/offline communications templates, etc)
- Deck layouts and creation for brand, marketing, PR, retail, etc
- Leading the technical side of design to ensure toolkits and guidelines for our different channels are up to date
- Refreshing guidelines based on performance and how the brand evolves
- Assist in overseeing the design team's day to day output by reviewing work for digital and print, attending meetings, and managing timelines
- Ensure work is on brand and design is in line with our toolkit and guidelines
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field
- 5+ years relevant experience
- Simple video editing and motion designProven experience in overseeing design projectsProven experience in creating brand guidelines
- Proficient in Adobe software: After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, and in Figma web-based software
- Excellent design sense in line with composition, colour, photography and typography
- Knowledge of imagery, video, and design best practices for use in online and offline advertising
- Familiar with digital social platforms best practices: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google, and Display
- Strong knowledge and interest in pop culture, art, photography and/or fashion
- Ability to take steps personally to ensure that mutual goals and performance target are met within the appropriate time frame
- ask open ended questions to clarify issues, communicate openly, ask for ideas and come to mutually agreed decisions using logic and reasoning
- Graphically obsessed with details, consistency, and technical soundness
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting under tight deadlines with strong project and time management skills
- Continuously push the creative boundaries and love to test
- Ability to organize, identify, and prioritize opportunities for process and work automation
- Excellent communication, organizational and multitasking skills
- Comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively with a team
- Impeccable attention to detail, building clean, well-prepared files
- Resourceful thinker
- explores solutions independently first before raising issues
Mejuri is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mejuri welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.