Manager, Strategic Communications
Mississauga, ON, Canada Req #643
Tuesday, May 11, 2021
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of 400 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world's most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
Position: Manager, Strategic Communications
Reports to: Director, Strategic Communications
Position Term: Full time permanent
Deadline: Until filled
A passionate leader with exceptional strategic communications experience, the Manager, Strategic Communications develops and leads integrated communications strategy and content including overseeing World Vision Canada's social media and blog content. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Communications, this position plays a strong role in shaping and sharing our brand story with external audiences and supports our Strategic Communications team to create opportunities to share the impact of our work in some of the world's most challenging places to be a child, so we can do more for more vulnerable children and their communities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead integrated communications and content strategy development across paid, earned, owned (blog) and shared (social media) channels and provide strategic counsel and best practice guidance to leaders across the organization.
- Communicate strong understanding of functional, divisional, and organizational goals and strategies, and ensure priorities are integrated in strategic communications initiatives so we develop and deliver content to the right audiences on the right channels at the right time.
- Leverage content marketing best practice to ideate and develop high-quality content that resonates with key customer segments, driving donor and supporter centricity and engagement.
- Provide strategic counsel regarding leveraging third party, partner and donor voices in organic content, earned, and paid media integrations.
- Leverage data and insights to assess content performance and to accelerate content ideation and testing in order to reach key customer segments and to drive brand awareness
- Monitor and measure the success of strategic communications activities and leverage data and insights to inform strategy and focus.
- Prioritize our efforts and resources through supporting impactful and thematic strategies and storylines that support brand and fundraising campaigns.
- Strengthen the organization's ability to manage communications-related risks through social media and media monitoring, data and insights, and strategic engagement with customer care
- Lead cross-functionally and as part of the global partnership team to ensure on-strategy, relevant brand stories, content and experiences.
- Coach and support development of a high-performing team; foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, working in an agile fashion to drive innovation and on-strategy outcomes.
- 6-7 years in a corporate, agency and/or NGO communications role with proven experience developing integrated communications strategies, content creation, and leading teams.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Communications, Journalism, or other public relations and content related disciplines.
- Understanding of, and experience working in, an agile environment
- mindset and methodology.
- A highly skilled content creator, curator and copywriter who understands how to leverage digital platforms and channels as well as a trend tracker with a keen interest in exploring emerging digital communications channels.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Proven multi-channel approach to content creation and discovery including organic and paid social media and owned content skills to grow brand recognition and to expand content awareness with mass and key customer segments.
- Demonstrated experience with working with partners collaboratively and with stakeholders and influencers in and outside an organization.
- Experience of working in cross-cultural environments.
- Strong analytical skills, able to clearly assess and evaluate issues and alternative approaches.
- Ability to set project parameters and manage work in an agile environment.
- Ability to apply exceptional judgment and bring strategic thinking to anticipate and effectively support management of reputation risks and issues, particularly related to social media.
- Diligent goal/KPI setter, track and measure integration communications programs/campaigns performance and strong reporting skills
- Location: Remote for the near future.
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world
- and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
Canada's Top 100 GTA's Top 10
Our Core Values: We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.