Who We Are:
Impala Canada is the only Canadian primary palladium producer. Located in Northern Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. Mine operations are data driven, supported by the latest in mine technology and equipment, real time mine management, and automation. At LDI we employ over 700 of Canada's best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio, and dedicated employees Impala Canada is a well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer.
This individual must manage multiple relationships, projects and channels to ensure the strategic delivery of our Canadian communications to corporate, operational and public audiences in alignment with business objectives for the Company and the Lac des Iles Mine site. In addition, this person must develop, review and submit content to the communications team of our global parent company in South Africa, Impala Holdings Limited (the Implats Group). This role requires a clear understanding of our business values and the conviction to lead all activities by example.
Manage and support Impala Canada's ongoing internal and external communications:
- In all media, including our reputation and crisis management communications.
- Address multiple stakeholder audiences with widely diverse backgrounds: o Miners and mangers working on site without online access,
o Professional engineers, geologists and executives, and
o Public and private sector community partners.
- Oversee the Impala Canada brand presence and content via Facebook, LinkedIn, our website, our weekly employee newsletter, and our quarterly executive newsletter.
- Ensure consistent and positive branding in all communications.
- Oversee and issue media advisories and may act as the Company's primary contact for media inquiries.
- Create and oversee all public communications for community sponsorships, events, industry conventions, award ceremonies, award submissions, and external partnerships.
- Generate speaking points for executives to support various external and internal communications.
Interface with our global parent company in South Africa, the Implats Group:
- Deliver high-quality content, including Canadian submissions to their global newsletter and other global communications.
- Generate an annual report to the community and support the development of the global, annual environmental, social and governance (ESG) report.
- Ensure strategic alignment of all Canadian communication activities with those of our parent company
- Maintain a strong and ongoing relationship with their communication team, keeping lines of dialogue open to remain connected and engaged.
Manage a network of suppliers:
- Lead the strategic and tactical management of an established team of external consultants
- communications agency, freelance writers, designers, social media writers, webmasters, production professionals, and compliance and legal advisors.
- Occasional travel required to attend events and meetings at our site operations just outside of Thunder Bay or other locations across Canada as required.
- This role is based in downtown Toronto and reports to the VP Corporate Affairs and Communications.
- 12+ years communications leadership experience.
- Strong communications ability
- writing skills and design sense.
- Understanding of strategic and current branding principles.
- Effective interpersonal and motivational skills to manage various supplier and partner relationships.
- Experience in mining or a related field is an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
What's in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of base salary, health & medical insurance and retirement savings plan. Accommodations and meals are provided while at the mine site.
Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit www.impalacanada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Mines Ltd. and to submit your on-line application. Visit to apply.