Based in Niagara with facilities across Canada and the United States, Walker Industries employs more than 1200 people in the areas of aggregates, construction, emulsions, waste & recovery management, renewable energy and organics processing. Walker has a strong reputation for integrity and innovation while being dedicated to the communities and environment in which they operate, as well as the health and safety of all employees.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Communications Coordinator to join our Marketing team on a 12-month contract, located at our Head Office in Niagara.
Working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will support the implementation of marketing communication initiatives by developing, coordinating and editing content in alignment with brand voice and project objectives. The Marketing Communications Coordinator will manage social platforms to support target group engagement and provide support for public relations and event marketing.
The successful candidate will have superior written and verbal communication skills with an ability to work collaboratively across a variety of groups to facilitate content creation. Time management, planning and creative problem solving will be essential to this role. Experience in communications is preferred.
Walker is a values-driven company, therefore it is critical that the successful candidate is a team player, who respects and mirrors Walker Values.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Marketing Communications Coordinator will be able to juggle a variety of responsibilities, specifically:
- Supporting content creation for website buildout and ongoing optimization including development of customer and project case studies;
- Managing social platforms, supporting content calendar planning and execution, creating/editing content to support target group engagement;
- Assisting with recruitment strategy execution, reviewing and maintaining LinkedIn platform and providing copy support for marketing collateral;
- Supporting PR initiatives, coordinating key messaging and content creation;
- Tracking, analyzing and reporting on marketing communication initiatives to optimize programs and use of various platforms;
- Monitoring Google My Business and working with internal resources to formulate responses in a timely manner;
- Managing Intranet resources to support internal stakeholder groups, developing and evaluating needs while ensuring brand standards are maintained;
- Assisting with the development and execution of internal marketing communications, announcing new initiatives and programs to support employee engagement;
- Performing media monitoring for all brands to support internal stakeholders
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree with specialization and/or additional education in journalism or communications;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Adobe Suite knowledge is beneficial;
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to take discretionary action as required;
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with clients, vendors and associates;
- Strong prioritization and time management skills;
- anticipates and recommends action to meet needs;
- able to work with diverse personalities and styles;
- Strong creative and planning skills
Working at Walker Industries
Established in 1887, we are proud to be a fifth-generation, family-owned, Canadian company. Our group of companies includes aggregates, paving & construction, emulsions and environmental waste & recycling solutions. We are known for our philanthropy and ?above and beyond' service to our customers and communities.
There's a lot more we're proud of too.
We're proud to be growing, serving more customers and providing more jobs across Canada and the US.
We're proud of our environmental stewardship
- meeting today's needs without compromising the needs of future generations.
We're proud to use the best tools and technology in the business
- serving our customers well and keeping our employees safe.
And we're proud of an awesome people-first culture. Working here means being part of a team
- not a cog in a machine
- and even in regional offices we feel valued, autonomous, and central to the action. Everyone at Walker has a voice.
How to Apply:
Our online application allows you to apply to this role as a complete candidate
- not just a resume. The application assesses qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences and takes roughly 10 minutes to complete. You can read your own assessment report by logging back into the application tool. Applications with completed assessments will receive priority attention.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us by clicking the ?Need Help? button in the application.