At IBM, work is more than a job
- it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 8-month work term commencing May 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative digital marketing intern on an 8-month term to join our startup operating within IBM's incubator program. Our team is launching a new AI solution that will allow organizations to deliver an optimized employee experience. We need your help to drive market awareness through the build-out and operation of our digital marketing program. You'll be working as part of an agile team, with a diverse set of responsibilities that will offer you the ability to major in digital marketing, while also getting exposure to the other disciplines of our startup.
Specifically, you will work with our team to:
- Contribute fresh new ideas to the team and be self-motivated to plan and deploy these ideas
- Develop our digital marketing strategy
- Build out our marketing website
- Select and deploy our marketing technology platform such as digital analytics, integrations to CRM, scheduling tools, etc
- Perform data analysis on web analytics, a/b tests, survey feedback, etc
- Create content across a variety of mediums including social, blogs, video, etc
- Understand our user journeys in our application and build out in-app guides
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Comfortable in social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Exposure to creative writing, advertising copywriting, or similar. You should be a confident writer yet also resourceful in finding and leveraging content
- You pay close attention to detail, deliver quality work, and manage scope to ensure deadlines are met
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is preferred
- Hands on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Wix, WalkMe, CRM platforms, etc
- Experience with tracking communication metrics and website analytics and preparing reports
- Manage projects independently, including tracking and communicate progress within the working group
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
About Business UnitIBM's Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM's Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments-with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities
- where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementThis role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.