Fiix is on a mission to build better maintenance teams by connecting customers to the tools, resources, and technology they need to join the future of maintenance. We help our customers drive better business outcomes with easy-to-use, AI-driven maintenance software, an open ecosystem, pre-built integrations and the industry expertise they need for maintenance success. There are over 2600 maintenance teams in 90+ countries using Fiix to improve communication, asset health, and even sustainability.
Creating positive social impact is baked into our company DNA, and as one of Canada's fastest-growing companies and Best Workplaces, we're transforming an industry and doing it the right way.
About the team
Our Fiixers are the key to our success. Our team is made up of professionals who bring together a variety of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate the diversity of our people and place a high value on creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
As a Fiixer, you will work in a caring and collaborative culture, alongside people who are passionate and purpose-driven. You'll have the support and resources you need to grow, achieve your professional goals and develop your career for the future.
In our fast-paced, high-growth environment, you'll have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, develop your expertise and pursue leadership, within and outside of your role. Plus, as a BCorp certified organization, there are tons of opportunities to make an impact! Take paid time off to volunteer in your community, start up a new committee, join an employee resource group, or mentor other Fiixers. Best of all, you'll have the flexibility to work remotely or come and experience our awesome office. No matter where you're working from, we're committed to ensuring that the Fiixer experience is best in class!
Fiix is looking for our very first SQL/Jaspersoft Report Writer to join our Customer Experience team. You will report to our Senior Manager, Customer Experience and focus on generating and creating our custom reports within our software. You'll collaborate with internal and external partners and customers to deliver a world-class service from planning, creation of SOWs and custom reports through to post delivery.
Your technical savviness, passion for partnership and delivery and focus on continuous improvement will lead to your success and opportunities for growth in the field.
What you will do:
- Understand and effectively utilize all data sources used within the business unit
- Write and build efficient SQL queries to extract data
- Optimize and improve report performance
- Take the lead on responding to issues and fixing defects identified during deployment
- Produce complex and comprehensive reporting packages, dashboards and scorecards utilizing data infrastructure, localized datamarts and external data sources
- Validate the quality and integrity of the data included in all reporting
- Collaborate with business partners to understands objectives and develop valuable reporting and ad-hoc data extracts
- Provide value added insights and commentary on new and existing reporting packages
- Take action and provide relevant direction by interpreting findings and understanding business drivers, definitions and metrics
- Proactively identify challenges related to client data
- Lead specialized data entry projects and implement system improvement initiatives to support overall business strategy
- Help to evolve our internal data integration strategy through developing knowledge of broader enterprise reporting platforms and data sources and staying on top of industry trends
- Act as subject matter expert on reporting and main data sources and provide technical support to the team
What we're looking for:
- years of report development experience using TIBCO Jaspersoft reporting software (iReport, Studio) and Crystal Reports
- Experience working and developing complex MySQL queries with Web Application and Relational Databases (MySQL)
- Knowledge of relational database structure
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- A strong passion for or background in data modelling and predictive analytics
- Experience with Looker is a plus
- Prior work experience within the SaaS and or Maintenance Industry a plus
- Interest and experience in data visualization and BI development will make you stand out
At Fiix, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.