Scientific Communications Writer
- Toronto ON
Join a collaborative and innovative team that is developing and manufacturing novel fluorescence imaging solutions to improve wound care and other medical applications world-wide. Founded and based in Toronto, MolecuLight Inc. specializes in non-invasive, real-time imaging solutions for health care applications. MolecuLight's first product, the MolecuLight i:X, visualizes bacterial and tissue fluorescence in real-time, providing transformative information to wound care clinicians.
This 6-month contract position reports to the Director, Scientific Affairs. The Scientific Communications Writer will work with the Scientific Affairs, Medical Communications, and Marketing teams to strategically disseminate MolecuLight's scientific and clinical findings to target audiences through the development of peer-reviewed publications, conference posters and presentations, collaterals, webinar presentations and website development and marketing summaries.
The Scientific Communications Writer's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support to all medical communications material creation (including abstracts, posters, manuscripts, figure preparation, and presentations).
- Assist with planning (including organizing/preparing outlines), writing (including first-draft authoring), editing, and coordination of the publication of clinical data in peer-reviewed journals and forums.
- Effectively evaluate clinical data, information, and input from multiple sources and contribute to translation of information into clear and visually appealing content
- Preparing scientific material for marketing purposes (including email campaigns, publication summaries, website content, presentations for MolecuLight or customer presentations, webinar content, sales support materials and training material) as well as regulatory documents (e.g. study reports).
- Support the creation of content for marketing to concisely communicate complex scientific and clinical findings, with the goal of demonstrating value of the technology to the customer.
- Work with the Scientific and Clinical teams to build persuasive and scientific-based arguments that support the purpose of more complex and/or strategic documents.
- Ensure evidence is presented in a clear, complete, accurate, and concise manner. Ensure that statements and conclusions are accurate, balanced, and supported by appropriate data and regulatory claims.
- Ensure and coordinate quality checks for accuracy, collate reviewer's comments, adjust content of document as required based on internal/external input, and prepare final version.
- Exhibit flexibility in moving across development and preparation of multiple document types.
- Work with teams to ensure smooth and timely development of documents and escalate issues, as appropriate, to ensure document completion.
- Possess overarching view of product evidence and external environment (including competitors) with ability to participate effectively in the scientific data disclosure planning and to prepare literature reviews when needed.
- Accurate and timely delivery of assigned communications activities as defined in goals and objectives for the year by immediate supervisor.
- Provide coaching to others by sharing technical information, giving guidance, answering questions
- Recognized for technical expertise in specific document development
- Contribute to process improvements, suggesting opportunities where appropriate
- Provide database and other tool expertise (e.g. reference database)
During the duration of this contract, the Scientific Communications Writer will be quickly integrated into the Clinical Affairs team and will work on essential communication pieces. They should expect to significantly contribute to and/or lead the following projects:
- Significant writing of 2
- 3 peer-reviewed manuscripts
- Writing and assembling of 4
- 6 scientific posters
- Developing 4
- 5 presentations
- Writing for multiple collaterals and website pages
The position reports directly to the Director, Scientific Affairs. Internally, this position will work closely with the departments of Marketing, as well as Clinical Applications, Sales, and Product Development to ensure corporate goals are met and quality customer service is provided. Externally, this position may develop and maintain relationships with outside groups and clinicians as required per task/project.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to manage competing priorities are essential
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills with high attention to detail
- Strong communication, problem-solving, decision-making, computer, and analysis skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of multiple projects and tackle challenging problems
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with MS office suite and experience with referencing software required.
- Expertise in diagnostics, imaging, microbiology, or statistical analysis of clinical data is an asset
The above information on this job description and specification has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.