Here's what you'll be doing....
You'll be responsible for planning and executing marketing strategies helping readers and authors discover UTP Journals, including coordinating and planning conference exhibits, conducting research, and coordinating marketing plans and reports.
- The position will commence with working remotely from home, until normal office operations can resume safely.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Manages social media channels including updating and maintaining social media calendar
- Engages with online communities through social channels
- Implements direct e-mail, newsletter, and listserv campaigns
- writing and designing messages, deploying messages, analyzing results, and creating reports
- Contributes to major marketing campaigns and events as part of the marketing team, including coordinating conference exhibits and staffing (including travel), designing and/or creating ads and collateral material
- Manages content marketing initiatives, including press releases, new content alerts, and special articles promotions to drive traffic to online use
- Creates digital advertising and pay per click campaigns, including identifying goals, defining strategy, and providing tracking and final reports
- Performs regular analysis to measure effectiveness of digital marketing initiatives
- Assists with Abstracting and Indexing databases, including submitting applications as well as supporting journals through process and maintenance
- Builds digital expertise by researching new trends and best practices in social media and digital space, and identifying appropriate strategies for marketing UTPJ content
- Researches and identifies trends and new technologies that will improve the positioning and marketing of scholarly journals and their authors
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- University education
- Publishing certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years' experience in related business environment; experience in periodical or scholarly environment an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
- Results and action oriented, creative and innovative big picture thinker
- Customer/client focused with ability to represent UTP; must have a positive and professional approach and be able to present concepts to clients with confidence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Collaborative; flexible in changing situations; thrive in a fast-paced environment; manage multiple projects with ease
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Keep informed in trends in industry
- Proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Office, and database software
- Some business travel required
- Research skills and social media savvy
- Values matter to you. You bring your whole self to work and you live our values of accountability, innovation, respect, and customer focus
About our Team:
We are a tight group and enjoy each other's company. We work in close collaboration with academic editors and associations and manage all aspects of the periodical publishing process. Along the way, we help editors manage the peer review process through our online peer review system; copy-edit the accepted material; handle typesetting and XML tagging, proofreading and printing; sell advertising space in our publications; promote our journals to an international market; process subscriber payments; provide customer service; and mail our journals to subscribers around the world.
About University of Toronto Press:
Our organization is steeped in a rich history (UTP was founded in 1901) and today is Canada's leading scholarly publisher and one of North America's premier academic presses. We have published over 6,500 books and each year we publish approximately 200 new scholarly, course, and general interest books in both print and ebook and more than 40 Journals. Our authors praise us for our commitment to quality and innovation and for our ability to successfully market books both in North America and around the world. We are honoured and proud that many of our books have received a number of awards.
Through the operation of several complementary divisions, it is our mission to publish exemplary works of scholarship, and to disseminate knowledge widely for the benefit of society. In addition to publishing books, we own and publish numerous high profile scholarly journals, distribute books to a broad range of other publishers through our warehouses in Toronto and Buffalo and operate highly regarded and successful campus stores for the University of Toronto.
We operate with mutual trust, respect, and integrity. We communicate in an open, honest, sensitive, and intelligent manner. We acknowledge the diversity, dignity, and worth of all individuals and respect their competencies and contributions. We seek continuous improvement, and foster an environment that encourages creativity and inspires people to make a difference. We are committed to making UTP a great place to work and grow!
Interested in applying?
We truly thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Press, only those candidates considered for an initial interview will be contacted.
The University of Toronto Press encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact Human Resources at 416.978.2239 ext. 2255.