At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
- Responsible for graphic design projects and coordination for International Marketing department of the College.
- Design, create, and layout digital and print assets and collateral for a wide range of College departments.
- Edit and update existing designs to align with new information and requirements.
- Execute appropriate use of the George Brown College visual identity and brand guidelines to maintain its integrity across online and offline materials.
- Ensure designs and materials created comply with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act requirements and compliance with college and brand guidelines and design standards.
What qualifications do you need for this role?
- Three-year diploma/degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in the Graphic Design, Visual Design, or equivalent.
- 2+ years' experience working in the Visual Design, Digital Media, and/or Digital Arts or equivalent.
- Professional R.G.D. accreditation considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of current Adobe Creative Suite and web software.
- Strong typographical and layout skills across a range of digital and print media and software.
- Ability to visualize and implement concepts.
- Proficiency in graphic design theory and principles.
- Experience with motion graphics software desirable.
- Awareness of latest digital and design trends.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines and work well within a team environment.
- Demonstrated commitment in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and our College.
- Strong communication, collaboration, teamwork and people skills.
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
Interview process may consist of a practical skills component.
Closing: June 1, 2021