COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING SPECIALIST
Status: Temporary, full-time (1.0 FTE) 12-18 months
Reporting To: Engagement Manager
Date Available: Negotiable
Hours of Work: 7.75 hours per day, 38.75 hours per week
Classification: Program Specialist Level II
Salary Range: $31.13
- 40.99 per hour
Closing Date: May 30, 2021
Mosaic Primary Care Network (PCN) provides a wide range of primary health care services in the northeast and southeast Calgary communities in partnership with a group of family doctors. Our talented interdisciplinary health care teams work together to provide services that best support patient needs.
We want YOU to bring your expertise to our growing team as we continue to develop solutions to meet the needs of our local community. If you have initiative, are resourceful, engage easily in teamwork, and most importantly, want to make a difference in healthcare, we want to hear from you!
The Mosaic PCN Engagement Team is listening. To our physician members, our employees and our community. We are continuously finding ways to weave together the needs and ideas of these audiences with the collaborative design and delivery of our Mosaic PCN services in order to achieve Better Health for All.
The Communications and Marketing Specialist is strategically positioning Mosaic PCN (MPCN) with key stakeholders through the development and management of our communications and marketing plan. This includes continuously improving our corporate narrative and supporting communications and marketing needs in an evolving and exciting environment.
The Communications and Marketing Specialist is an expert storyteller, designing, writing, editing and publishing relevant and engaging content that offers value to Mosaic physicians, patients, community and employees and supports organizational strategy and priorities.
The Communications and Marketing Specialist provides guidance, mentorship and support to the Communications and Marketing Coordinator and reports to the Engagement Manager.
Strategic Planning & Budgeting
- Lead the creation, execution and evaluation of MPCNs communications and marketing plan
- Manage the communications and marketing segment of the Engagement department budget
- Identify emerging issues and opportunities, recommends appropriate communications approaches advice and support to leaders in the organization
- Create and maintain policies, procedures and guidelines related to marketing and communications
External & Member Communications
- Write and edit content targeted at physician members including articles for monthly e-newsletters, presentations, brochures, posters, event materials, etc. consistent with the MPCN brand, direction, and strategy
- Collaborate with MPCN portfolios to provide communications and marketing expertise
- Manage website content, functionality and graphics, including coordination with vendors as required
- Develop, monitor and ensure adherence of MPCN brand awareness through attendance at various community events and social media strategy
- Provides day to day guidance, support and mentorship to the Communication and Marketing Coordinator
- Engage and educate employees on internal and external communications, including consistent messaging and brand reputation
Calgary Zone/Provincial Responsibilities:
- Represent and act on behalf of MPCN on the Calgary Zone Communication Committee, and work collaboratively with other Calgary Zone communicators in the creation and implementation of zone-wide projects
- Maintain alignment with Alberta Health as the funding body for Primary Care Networks
Media & Government Relations
- Act as the key contact for all media relations inquiries and maintains relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage, respond to incoming media requests, and coordinate media interviews, as needed, including the preparation of briefing documents for spokespeople
- Conduct government relations research and prepare communications and engagement strategy aligned with municipal, provincial and federal considerations
Practice Communication Excellence (Communication)
- Plan and deliver oral and written communications respectfully and tactfully to make an impact and persuade an intended audience.
Build Community-Feeling (Teamwork)
- Able to share due credit with coworkers, display enthusiasm, and team spirit and promote a friendly group working environment.
Advocate for Patient/Client (Patient/Client-Centricity)
- Able to demonstrate a high level of patient/client service delivery in a respectful and caring manner.
Understand Values of Change (Adaptability)
- Openness to different and new ways of doing things; willingness to modify one's preferred way of doing things with a positive attitude.
Embrace Culture and Diversity (Cultural Competency)
- Developing positive attitudes towards diverse populations; gaining knowledge of different life practices and world views.
Act with Professionalism (Personal Effectiveness)
- Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeless or work and achieves results with little oversight.
Nurture and Practice Innovation (Innovation and Initiative)
- Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances and able to challenge conventional practices playing with concepts and ideas to create novel solutions to problems.
- Uses logical reasoning processes to identify alternative courses of action and evaluate outcomes of efforts for continuous improvement.
Qualifications & Requirements
Education & Experience
- Degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or journalism plus five years communications and marketing experience demonstrating past success in developing and executing strategic communications plans or relevant Diploma plus seven years of experience.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design skills, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Proven editorial experience including strong language skills and the ability to adjust content to remain consistent with brand, direction, and strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to diplomatically ask questions, challenge and suggest alternative strategies and approaches.
- Ability to monitor benchmarks for measuring the impact of communications tactics and campaigns.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suites including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience in a healthcare environment is an asset.
Why Mosaic PCN
We provide a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) / Taxable Spending Account (TSA), a group RRSP matching program, professional development opportunities, generous vacation and other paid time off, and more.
Conditions of Employment
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications and a current police information check (PIC) including vulnerable search at the applicant's expense. The results of the PIC may alter or revoke any offer made by Mosaic PCN.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest and resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to proceed through the selection process will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position is part of the bargaining unit covered by a collective agreement with Health Sciences Association of Alberta (HSAA)
- 5 year(s): Communications and marketing experience demonstrating past success in developing and executing strategic communications plans
- Bachelor's degree or better in Marketing or related field
- Bachelor's degree or better in Public Relations or related field
- Bachelor's degree or better in Journalism or related field
- Diploma or better in Marketing or related field