Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It's where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you'll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You'll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
As a Partner Manager you'll develop strong relationships and work closely to help them get the most out of Pinterest and meet their business goals. You'll collaborate on major initiatives and see them through to success, while being the primary contact for our partners at the highest level.
What you'll do:
- Retain, grow and diversify the value delivered to our largest partners within our eCommerce and Fashion vertical, ultimately growing Pinterest revenue as a result
- Build and maintain strong relationships with partners' teams (executive, operational, creative, measurement and agency), resulting in trusted advisorship
- Advocate internally for the solutions required to drive business outcomes for these advertisers, working across internal teams such as Measurement & Insights, Product Marketing, Creative Strategy, etc.
- Gain a deep understanding of our partners' business goals and turn data into compelling stories and actionable insights to help them succeed
- Track, analyze, and communicate key quantitative metrics and business trends internally and to partners
- Specifically own the ?why? Pinterest conversation with advertisers to influence the way they think about the platform's role in their overarching media mix
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of digital advertising sales experience, managing high value relationships, driving strategic learning agendas and owning client communication
- Track record of compelling data-backed storytelling and recommendations
- Performance marketing experience is a nice to have
- Experience managing forecasts and achieving goals
- Strong communication skills in person, on the phone, and through email
- A team player who's able to work in a fast-paced environment with technical and non-technical teams