AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Specialty Sales Representative, Women's Health (Toronto East) (14 month contract)
Joining AbbVie means you will be part of a team of outstanding professionals dedicated to making a remarkable impact on patients lives. At AbbVie, we conduct ground-breaking science on a global scale every day. AbbVie Canada is one of the Best Workplaces in Canada whereby 98% of our employees are proud to say they work for AbbVie and 96% are proud of how we contribute to the community.
When choosing your career path, choose to be remarkable.
AbbVie's mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people's lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women's health, and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio.
Are you looking for an exciting role, where development and high-performance are valued? AbbVie Canada is looking to connect with a Specialty Sales Representative, to join our commercial Women's Health sales team. This is a 14-month contract role. This role will cover Toronto East.
Our Specialty Representatives develop robust business plans to execute brand strategy and tactics in the field, deliver sales performance and effectively build strong customer relationships and support customer needs to maximize short and long term sales performance, while placing the patient at the center of any efforts and operating within AbbVie's business code of conduct, policies and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Deliver sales performance, brand KPIs, financial targets, marketing objectives in order to meet or exceed business objectives.
- Create pre-call plans and execute post-call evaluation in order to continuously improve sales performance. Effectively handle objections, misunderstandings and concerns, while using logical and rational in order to close on every sale call.
- Proactively and continuously support key stakeholders' needs, expectations and challenges, in order to build trusted relationships on a continual basis.
- Execute a call plan that achieves set metrics and optimizes coverage of key customers, to maximize sales opportunities.
- Continuously build understanding of customer needs and expectations, territory landscape, competitors, market segments/dynamics, accounts, diseases, products and clinical expertise. Share this market intelligence information with district manager and respective team members, in order to achieve alignment, to anticipate environmental change and to optimize brand strategy and its execution.
- Differentiate AbbVie's value proposition with healthcare providers and identify, develop and maintain disease state experts and speakers/advocates in order to maximize brand performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years in a Specialty Sales role within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Physician/account-based selling, training, managed health care or marketing experience preferred.
- Proven track record in sales and solid presentation skills.
- Strong ability to proactively identifies customer style / behavior and to adapts quickly all aspects of selling approach.
- Recognized expert with in-depth scientific, therapeutic, product and competitive knowledge.
- Strong business acumen and proficient use of business tools; possesses strategic and critical thinking capabilities.
- Operates effectively in a matrix environment.
- Offers innovative ideas and solutions to maximize business opportunities for the larger organization and anticipates and responds to changes or challenges.
- Viewed as a credible and respected role model and resource among peers. Builds collaborative partnership with district colleagues and team, etc.
- Documented success in leadership and support roles of increased responsibility.
- Understands and leverages findings to develop/enhance sales strategies.
Essential skills & abilities:
- English language proficiency (oral and written).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Must be at ease with technology (the use of various tools/systems to perform day-to-day tasks).
- Position requires evening/ weekend work from time to time, including overnight travel.
- Valid driver's license and passport.
Key in-field team competencies:
- Ability to think strategically to support the development of a high-quality territory plan.
- Display sound business judgment (having an executive leadership mindset to assess local market and set direction). Ability to predict contingent outcomes from both a customer and competitive perspective.
- In-depth analytical skills, to enable appropriate and optimal understanding of data, to assess dedicated business outcomes in the decision-making process and achieve strategic goals.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with in-field team members, to develop and maximize the integrated account plan.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.