We are a global architecture, engineering, planning, and technology firm defining the cities of tomorrow.
By connecting design and technology, we change how people experience their built environment. We work across disciplines to create the intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, and efficient infrastructure that shapes the way people live, move, learn, and heal.
With over 3,000 employees and 60+ offices around the world, we understand what it takes to work locally and scale globally.
Reporting to the Manager, Global Communications, the Internal Communications Specialist, Global Communications is responsible for the strategic delivery of global internal communications that align with IBI's goals and initiatives. This role will work closely with Senior Leadership and other Corporate Service departments, including Human Resources, to ensure the strategic, timely and effective delivery of internal communications across the organization. The role will also collaborate with other members of the Corporate Communications team to ensure consistency of message across internal and external channels.
The Internal Communications Specialist, Global Communications supports the Manager, Global Communications in the end-to-end delivery, from strategy to execution, of IBI Group's internal communications. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for effective and impactful stakeholder engagement through the creation and coordination of compelling campaigns and content across the firm's internal communication channels. The ideal candidate has experience working in an internal communications role in a corporate and/or professional services environment, is a strong copywriter and storyteller, well-versed with current best practices, and is passionate about producing amazing work.
Most of the things you'll work on:
STRATEGY AND PLANNING
- Establish annual internal communications strategy in collaboration with Manager, Global Communications, Senior Leadership and Human Resources.
- In collaboration with the Manager, Global Communications, develop thematic campaigns and content and manage/maintain an editorial calendar for internal communications across all channels.
- Support overall change management strategies to ensure a successful transition within specific timeframes in collaboration with other corporate leads.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Global Communications to handle the internal communications response to crisis situations which affect organizational perception and reputation.
- Maintain ongoing research and knowledge of best practices, trends and key insights in employee communications, and support Communications team in development of strategic new initiatives.
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders leveraging a variety of internal communications channels, including employee intranet and email communications.
- Research, edit and write communications including presentations, select correspondence, new hire announcements, company-wide memos and talking points, ensuring communication material is thorough, accurate, complete and error-free.
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the brand team and work collaboratively with them to produce visually appealing and dynamic content.
- Support the Content & Community Specialist, Global Communications by sourcing internal news stories and successes that translate well for our external audiences and collaborate on campaigns.
- Support the Manager, Global Communications in drafting key messages or scripts for senior executives for town halls and other internal presentations to employees.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Global Communications to advise senior leadership of developments throughout the organization, either in meetings or through written communication.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all channels and for different levels of leadership within the organization.
- Engage in regular dialogue with senior managers and other global employees to gain a broader understanding of the current employee communication challenges and requirements.
- Respond to feedback from staff and senior management and adjust communications content accordingly.
- Support internal and external initiatives that build awareness and excitement around our brands, core business, strategic plans, new product launches, and build upon our reputation as a global leader in smart cities.
- Work in collaboration with the Digital Marketing Specialist, Global Communications to measure, analyze and report on the performance of IBI Group's internal communications channels and initiatives.
- Make recommendations for improvements based on insights, best practices and business objectives.
- Develop measurement plans to ensure various communication vehicles are meeting business objectives and the needs of our stakeholders.
You'll need to have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a corporate communications environment, preferably in an internal or employee-focused role.
- Experience across print, digital, social, web, video and other media; knowledge of the production requirements associated with each platform.
- Demonstrated background in developing strategy for internal communications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of intranet and email content management platforms.
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Analytics an asset.
- Track record of developing and executing successful internal campaigns and advocacy initiatives.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent communication, organization and attention to detail.
- A consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive and high-energy approach to client
- service, team management and delivering results.
- Highly effective working with and through others. You have a truly collaborative style with an ability to effectively influence others through a thoughtful and tactful communication style.
- Experience working in technology, architecture, engineering, and/or planning industries an asset.
We are currently in a work from home model during COVID-19 but when we do return to the office is steps away from St. Clair station and is easily accessible by bike, TTC and car. Occupying 5 floors, with over 650 employees, it is the largest office at IBI Group. The floors are open concept and represent our collaborative approach to projects.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
As part of IBI Group's selection process, candidates may be requested to consent to background checks relevant to the role under consideration for, prior to receiving a job offer. These could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record.