We are looking for a Technical Writer with a passion for user experience and technology. This individual will be a part of the Delivery team and will be responsible for developing high-quality technical content that focuses on usability. The successful candidate will be able to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner.
You're a great fit if you:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Are able to see the big picture and act proactively with a solution-focused mindset.
- Take initiative in the absence of clear direction.
- Build internal and external relationships effectively.
- Act and communicate effectively, with appropriate professional judgment and tact.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Produce documentation such as on-line help, technical reference documents, user guides or amendments to existing documents.
- Analyze technical design specifications and user stories to assess documentation requirements.
- Develop high-quality content that is technically accurate, concise, clear, and grammatically correct.
- Attend design reviews and product seminars to enhance product understanding.
- Develop an understanding of our products and be able to use them to develop and test all documentation.
- Understand use cases for the products and their features; ensure that content is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Analyze existing content and plan new content with an understanding of re-use and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Develop content that complies with our established information architecture and style guide.
- Take ownership to ensure issues are dealt with to customer expectations.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced team members.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A college diploma or equivalent plus 5 to 10 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge or experience in IT or a similar field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly learn and adopt technology, tools, and processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong research skills to gather information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to grasp complex technologies with a strong analytical and technical aptitude.
- Strong understanding of information architecture methodologies and techniques.
- An understanding of the IT industry, as well as cloud and networking domains.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
It would be an asset if you have:
- Experience with Madcap Flare.
- Experience with DITA XML.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Knowledge of Confluence and Jira, or similar tools.
- Experience working as part of a distributed team.
About Martello Technologies
Martello Technologies is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada with staff in Canada, Europe, and the United States. We provide digital experience monitoring (DEM) solutions that monitor the performance of cloud collaboration and productivity tools to give enterprises insight into the user experience. Our products include unified communications (UC) performance analytics software, Microsoft 365 user experience monitoring software and IT analytics software.
Martello offers a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We welcome individuals who are curious, inventive and want to work with people who are smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. Martello Technologies is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity, and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
Did we spark your interest? Get in touch, we're keen to tell you more!