Achievers delivers an Employee Success Platform? which dramatically increases employee engagement and drives business success. Designed specifically to meet the needs of today's workplace, it empowers employees to recognize each other in real time and aligns them to the goals of the company. With more than 5,000,000 annual recognitions, the Platform inspires brilliant performance in 110 countries. Visit us at www.achievers.com to learn more and join us in our mission to change the way the world works.
Are you a strong, analytical leader and an expert in branding and storytelling? Do you like telling stories about the problems technology solves for customers? Do you enjoy seeing your creative content drive meaningful increases in brand awareness and demand metrics? If so, then this is the ideal role for you.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing, Content and Communications to oversee all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive increases in brand awareness, engagement, lead generation, sales, and retention. With the rapid growth of the Achievers marketing organization, you will play an essential role in aligning various teams to execute effective marketing content and communication initiatives.
This position will report to the CMO and be a member of the Marketing Leadership Team.
As you partner with various stakeholders to manage exciting strategic initiatives, you will directly impact demand and market awareness for a platform that makes over 2 million employees feel good about the work they do.
- Tells great stories that help customers solve problems. Leverages brand narrative, product positioning, curated content and current market data as foundations to create personal, engaging stories that support a point of view and educate prospects on how Achievers solves their problems
- Manages the production of proprietary research and studies through close collaboration with the Achievers Workforce Institute
- Defines the Achievers brand story and articulates what Achievers should be known for by leveraging the input of the executive team, product marketing, demand generation, product, sales, customer success, human resources and global marketing teams
- Ensures all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video, print and in-person
- Designs new content for target personas based on the specified goal of the new content, what has worked in the past, what hasn't worked, what ongoing usability test data says, and what trends might drive future content engagement
- Maximizes distribution of stories by leveraging them across multiple content formats (e.g., white papers, case studies, infographics, videos) and multiple global channels (e.g., website SEO, email nurture streams, webinars)
- Turns content into leads. Tracks content results, identifies insights, and modifies plans to drive even more leads in the future
- Owns the workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing and retiring content (possibly using agile marketing sprints)
- Creates and leads a communications/public relations strategy so that Achievers cultivates and enhances meaningful relationships with targeted external audiences, including the media and other key influencers
- Writes and edits (personally and through the content team) engaging and compelling communications to support a variety of initiatives and campaigns
- Supervises a growing team of 6 content marketers and a PR agency; acts as an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Promotes a culture of high-performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality. Mentors and develops team members using a supportive and collaborative approach
- Content strategy
- Marketing content creation (event presentations, webinars, blogs, whitepapers, videos)
- Social media marketing, blog articles, and community building
- Customer conference content and presenters
- Customer content including case studies and videos
- Public relations
- Influencer relations
- Corporate and employer branding
- Growing brand awareness and preference
- An increase in conversions, subscriptions, MQLs, and indirectly influences opportunities and wins
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings
- Website, blog, and social media traffic growth
- Clearly communicating the ideal content to share during each stage of the buying cycle
- Marketing team engagement scores
- 10-15+ years of experience and a demonstrated track record of success in content and marketing communications. MBA a plus
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language
- Has a ?nose? for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience (it is critical to retain an ?outsider's perspective? much like that of a journalist)
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships with top tier technology, industry, analysts, thought leaders, media/reporters and editors
- Superior people and vendor management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers. Self-reliant, good problem solver, and results-oriented
- HR-related experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation, etc. required
As Achievers employees, we are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. We enjoy coming to work every day because we believe in our product and love our culture. Achievers is more than just a software company; we are industry leaders in the HR space.
Our headquarters are conveniently located in Liberty Village, close to bars, shops and restaurants and are highly accessible by TTC and GO Transit.
We have been recognized in numerous publications for our contributions to HR, for technical excellence and for our outstanding workplace culture:
Achievers is ranked as number 32 on the list of Top 50 Best Workplaces in Canada.
Achievers has been recognized on the 2020 list of Best Workplaces? for Women in Canada
Achievers has been recognized on the 2020 list of Best Workplaces? for Inclusion
Achievers has been named one of the Top 10 Employee Recognition Solution Providers Globally
Check out our platform in action here
Achievers does not offer employment to prospects without first ensuring that qualified candidates speak directly with the hiring manager and a member of our HR team. All qualification will be done face-to-face, whether that is in person or over Zoom. Achievers does not send out offers of employment without meeting candidates and does not offer employment via text. If you are requested for any personal information via text and/or without having met a member of our hiring team in person, please disregard.
Our employees are a diverse and inclusive team of passionate, hardworking individuals. Achievers is committed to creating an environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply to join our A-Player family. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.