Purpose: A service writer is the liaison between customers in need of vehicle repairs and auto mechanics. They schedule maintenance and handle the appropriate paperwork in preparation of invoicing customers. This is Fly in / Fly out from either Edmonton or Calgary, camp-based, 14/14 shift.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Open, track and close work orders on computer system
- Ensure timely completion of work order and invoice submission
- Compile an estimated price and final bill of repairs for customers, and estimate the time needed for repairs.
- Service writer schedules automotive maintenance and assigns work to shop staff
- Perform timely follow-up with customer.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to understand and interpret instructions both verbal and written
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written
- Strong customer service skills
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) oriented
- Other duties as assigned
- Working in a shop environment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Able to multi-task successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literate
- proficient in Excel and Word programs
- SAP experience would be an asset
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate and industry experience
- Valid Class 5 drivers, drivers abstract (3 years)
- Standard first aid