Jim Dent Construction based in Hope, BC is a long-standing leader in Heavy Civil Construction projects throughout BC. With an established history of completing complex projects, Jim Dent Construction has built a reputation of getting the job done. (With a diverse team providing technical experience and advanced skills to deliver results the DENT team provides guidance and leadership in all departments of the company.) If you are passionate about construction and are committed to excellence, we invite you to join our experienced team as a Technical Safety Writer.
Team & Culture
Our safety department is seeking a highly skilled technical writer to join their team. The successful candidate will be adaptable to the demands of a meeting deadlines and advanced in their ability to produce technical, occupational health and safety (OHS) content to meet a broad range of client deliverables and / or safety program initiatives. This content must meet Provincial OHS regulatory requirements and, in many cases, meet or exceed client expectations.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- Advanced knowledge of applicable Federal and Provincial OH&S legislation (WorkSafe BC and Alberta);
- Advanced and broad understanding of safety requirements in civil construction environment;
- Participates with the Company Proposals department and aids in the development and delivery of Safety Department requirements;
- Ability to synthesize and then transfer knowledge in presentation or written format in a practical manner;
- Must be able to work independently and initiate solutions while open to taking direction and feedback;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and take initiative to contribute; And;
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- The Corp. Safety Manager
- Preferred completion of diploma or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety;
- 5 years experience in similar or complimentary role and preferable in civil construction; And;
- A Trades background would be an asset.