Looking for a long-term career where you can achieve growth and success? Do you want to have the freedom to live into your dreams? Then come and join our team!
EMCO Langford is a residential plumbing wholesaler and we have a full-time opening for Counter Sales.
The Counter Sales will provide sales support to walk-in customers who come to our counters. Their goal is to provide the highest level of customer service by maintaining, stocking, and keeping a clean counter sales area. They will provide support to customers by answering questions, picking, and entering orders and following up on any backorders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process sales orders in person and over the phone
- Assist customers who purchase material at the sales counter
- Research product for customers and provide recommendations
- Drive sales growth through ownership of counter merchandising, product promotion, and generate leads while networking with customers at the sales counter
- Enter, pick, and pack sales orders generated at the counter
- Follow all Health and Safety rules and legislation while performing job functions
- Maintain and clean the counter area including any merchandising displays
- Inform the buyer when stocks levels are low
- Follow up on backorders with vendors and provide customers accurate delivery dates
- Process returns and warranty claims for customers
- Navigate and find a solution for customer concerns and complaints
- Assist in shipping or warehouse requirements as needed
- Perform other reasonable tasks requested by the Profit Centre Manager
About EMCO Langford:
At EMCO Langford, we pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service, focusing on growing our business by doing the right thing and having a team of motivated people that act like owners. We offer a fun, fast-paced and dynamic workplace. We work as a team, share core values, and support each other's growth and development. As our teammate, you will have the opportunity to continually develop your skills through ongoing training, have the opportunity to be innovative and try new things, and work alongside passionate colleagues with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We have endless opportunities for you to grow and develop in your career and a culture that prides itself in supporting you every step of the way!
What EMCO Offers You:
- Great mentors and on-the-job training
- Growth potential with competitive salary, benefits, and profit sharing
- A career with a solid, stable company with strong core values
- Participation in our pension plan with employer contributions
What We Are Looking For From You:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with customer service or counter sales preferred
- Outstanding customer service and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with customers, vendors, and teammates
- Ability to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate math skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn how to operate material handling equipment
- Possess a strong work ethic and a high standard of integrity
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Willing to invest a minimum of 40 hours in training, annually
- Forklift certification an asset, but can be acquired on the job
- Ability to use the Internet as a resource to problem solve and find alternative solutions for customers
- Experience using Word, Excel, and Outlook
Interested in a career with EMCO? We'd love to hear from you!
Please send resumes via Isarta
EMCO Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a discrimination, harassment, and barrier free workplace where all employees can contribute to their fullest potential. EMCO Corporation is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplaces. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, creed, place of origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, family or parental status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, neurodiversity, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
To apply for this job email your details to via Isarta.