We are looking to hire a Graphic Designer.
Graphic Designer Specific Skills:
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides.
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials.
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication.
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements.
- Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers.
- Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients' objectives.
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials.
- Co-ordinate sub-contracting.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2 years to less than 3 years.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Ability to Supervise 1 to 2 people.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Tight deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Client focus.
- Team player.
- Supervise other graphic designers or graphic arts technicians.
- Estimate costs of materials and time to complete graphic designs and illustrations.
- Adapt existing illustrations.
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment.
Terms of employment:
- Permanent employment. Full time. 35 to 40 hours/week.
- Start date as soon as possible.
- Salary $30.00 to $35.00/hour (To be negotiated).
- 2 vacancies.