Owned by our members, Calgary Co-op is one of the largest retail co-operatives in North America. Our locations in Calgary, Airdrie, Cochrane, High River, Okotoks and Strathmore include: food centre, pharmacies, gas stations, car washes, commercial cardlocks, home health care centres, wine, spirits and beer locations, and cannabis. We also own and operate Community Natural Foods. With over 440,000 members, 3,850 employees, assets of $627 million and annual sales of $1.2 billion, Calgary Co-op was recogized as one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers of 2021. For more information please visit our career site at www.calgarycoop.com/careers.
Marketing Manager Opportunity
Calgary Co-op is seeking a talented and creative individual to fill the position of Marketing Manager for our Marketing & Member Experiences division. The Marketing Manager will report directly to the Marketing & Loyalty Director and be responsible for marketing strategies coming to life through content channels. Responsible for creating, improving and managing content for owned channels to achieve our business goals. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and maintaining the overall email marketing strategy working closely with Marketing Planning and Loyalty. Support all web, SEO, My Calgary Co-op, Calgary Co-op App and E-Commerce from a marketing perspective ensuring a positive UX and alignment to key marketing campaigns. Provide strategic leadership and recommendations to the organization as it relates to consumer engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Marketing management or a related field with at least 5 years' experience in comparable industries such as packaged goods and food and beverage
- Understanding of consumer marketing principles and strong knowledge of retail marketing best practices, with a mind for customer-centric marketing
- Sound knowledge of digital, traditional, and earned media and the nuances between them
- Competency in leveraging customer insight to creatively introduce forward thinking and dynamic approaches to marketing. Strong analytical skills; ability to turn empirical data into insightful, strategic decisions and tactical team plans
- Proven experience in leading complex teams of internal and external resources
- Excellent communication skills including formal writing, editing, advocacy and proofreading
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, social media management tools
- Knowledge and expertise in digital channels, in particular email and social media
- Operates a collaborative leadership style that builds team culture across external and internal stakeholders
- Exceptional project and time management skills; accustomed to balancing competing needs with ease
- Driven by a passion for excellence
- Understanding of e-commerce
- Retail, agency and/or media experience
- Knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud environment
- Understanding of Google analytics
- Strong writing and storytelling abilities
- International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Tor The Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) accreditation
Benefits & Perks
Working at Calgary Co-op provides opportunities for increasing levels of responsibility, personal growth and challenge and the experience of working for a company that is proud of the communities it serves. We offer competitive wages, an industry leading pension plan, paid vacations, employee discounts, a recognition program, social committee events, and employee and family assistance plan, and more........
If you possess the above qualifications and are interested in this career opportunity, please apply in confidence, stating qualifications.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview sill be contacted.