Status: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.
- 4:30 p.m. (occasional evening and weekend work is required)
Location: Temporarily remote
You know it's better to show than tell, and you are always on-brand with the right images, the right headlines, and the right content.
We are looking for a social media management expert with strong attention to detail and a solid understanding of visual communication.
Do you have proven experience managing and engaging with online communities? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment? Are you meticulous about spelling and punctuation because you know a typo can negatively impact a brand's reputation?
As the Communications Advisor
- Social Media and Digital Communications, you will report to the Director of Member Services & Engagement and work collaboratively with the Communications team to communicate effectively with stakeholders. Representing the brand in all aspects of your work, you will create, manage, and publish content via digital channels, moderate online communities, and monitor key performance indicators.
A valued member of our team, you will proactively develop and implement communications strategies and tactics that are clear, consistent, and engaging.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Social media and digital community management
- Moderate, lead, and participate in online conversations, ensuring a consistent brand voice.
- Develop and share engaging content
- written and visual
- in adherence to approved key messages and following brand voice guidelines.
- Maintain a directory of responses and customer service replies and Frequently Asked Questions for efficiency in responding to direct messages and posts
- including protocols for addressing negative feedback and mitigating reputational damage from online trolls.
- Leverage social listening and analytics to provide input and support the development of editorial calendars and content strategies.
- Assist with conducting needs assessments, developing communications strategies, researching best practices and monitoring target audiences and influencers, implementing initiatives, and adapting existing programs to meet organizational and project-specific goals and objectives.
- Participate in crisis communications planning and crisis response.
- Coordinate content scheduling and implementation plans with an editorial calendar and business objectives in collaboration with the Communications team and relevant stakeholders.
- Post relevant, timely, engaging, and targeted content and act as moderator for digital forums and online communities. Review analytics and recommend ways to improve online engagement.
- Monitor social and traditional media, with a focus on health and primary care news, to ensure team members and leadership are aware of pertinent information or new developments in all relevant areas: political, economic, social, technological, environmental, and legal (PESTEL).
- Identify and capture social media and digital community engagement key performance indicators (KPIs) that align with the organization's business goals and initiative-specific communications objectives.
- Identify opportunities to implement a strategic communications approach in support of goals and desired outcomes. Write comprehensive communications plans with measurable objectives.
- Engage with appropriate stakeholders to collaborate, report on activities, mitigate risk, and manage emerging issues.
- Ensure communications are audience-appropriate by using personas, testing key messages and concepts, and analyzing metrics.
- Maintain professionalism and customer service excellence when interacting with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Research the communications landscape, including our partners, government, and similar organizations within the healthcare industry, to inform strategic plans. Stay on top of emerging trends and technologies.
- Provide comprehensive reports and contextual feedback on content type, engagement level, and messaging resonance to continuously improve and optimize performance.
Writing and editing
- Lead the development of the monthly patient newsletter.
- Demonstrate a professional level of writing, ensuring strong spelling, grammar, and accuracy.
- Edit and publish content, in collaboration with colleagues, including (but not limited to): headlines, long-form content, short-form content, news stories, reports, image captions, scripts, and storyboards (for videos and podcasts).
- Peer edit documents and other written materials, in compliance with Canadian Press Style. Act as ?the second set of eyes,? providing editing support for colleagues.
- Ensure all content and edits are consistent with Calgary West Central Primary Care Network (CWC PCN) brand voice, tone, and style guidelines.
As the ideal candidate, you will demonstrate a positive and professional attitude, strong communication skills and abilities, and a proficient level of digital and social media strategy, community management, and relationship-building skills. You will possess high levels of intrinsic motivation and be insightful and outgoing with a focus on critical thinking.
Education: Bachelor's degree in communications, digital marketing, or related area.
Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years' experience in the communications industry. Minimum of five (5) years of client management and collaborative projects experience. Familiarity with primary care will be considered an asset. Agency, government, and not-for-profit experience are preferred.
Functional knowledge: Advanced writing and editing skills. Experience writing and editing in compliance with Canadian Press Style standards considered an asset.
Research: Ability to effectively search for relevant information, analyze its significance to the organization, and present and share information in the most appropriate manner.
Organizational skills: Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Strong organizational skills. Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a highly challenging and forward-thinking environment.
Communications and customer relations skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and relationship-building skills; able to handle requests, criticism, and complaints in a professional, non-confrontational manner. Discretion and ability to handle sensitive information and material appropriately. Ability to present information clearly and succinctly.
Attention to detail: Precision, accuracy, and high attention to detail in all aspects of work.
Team-oriented: Ability to work effectively independently as well as with a team.
Technical: Advanced abilities in using Microsoft Office (especially MS Excel), social media platforms and dashboards, content management systems, digital communications software, analytics, and reporting tools.
Travel: Occasional travel within Calgary for meetings, seminars, and other events as required. Travel to other areas of Alberta may be required on an infrequent basis.
Hours of work: Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
Why work for us?
We have been recognized as an Alberta Top 70 Employer for 2021. Employees of the CWC PCN enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package that includes employer-paid premiums for health and dental benefits, health spending/wellness account, learning account, eligibility to contribute to our group RRSP plan and receive an employer match, flexible working options, generous vacation and personal time off allowances, education days, as well as professional development opportunities.
The CWC PCN is a leader in the provision of primary care through collaboration, innovation, and teamwork, creating healthy patients and satisfied providers.
The CWC PCN is committed to providing a physically, emotionally and psychologically safe environment for all workers, patients and visitors.
How to apply
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those who apply through LinkedIn or the CWC PCN website will be moved forward in the recruitment process. This is a necessary step as we require important information from our online application form. Please include your cover letter and resume when submitting your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Posting will remain open until the role is filled.
Job Type: Full-time