Marketing Team Lead
- ( 2100019R )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 350 locations worldwide are vital to making our company stronger.
We're marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in the development and execution of creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Stantec is looking for a Marketing Team Lead for our Energy & Resources (E&R) and Environmental Services (ES) business lines within the Alberta North/Prairies & Territories region. Guiding your team, you will work with marketing and business leadership to deliver integrated marketing and business development plans to achieve Stantec's goals for revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership in our target markets. Working alongside your team and business leadership, you will work to establish Stantec's desired market position; develop strong, lasting relationships; identify market opportunities; and support winning proposal submissions, presentations, and communications in the pursuit of specific project opportunities.
This position requires an inspirational leader to provide mentorship and coaching to the marketing team, expertise in client strategy and business development, financial acumen, and a strong history with pursuits and promotional activities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide ongoing leadership, mentorship, and coaching to a team of marketing professionals.
- Partner with the E&R and ES leadership to drive strategic objectives, track progress and develop success strategies including financial analysis and reporting.
- Facilitate and drive strategic discussion on components of business plans, coaching our marketing staff in the execution and support of those plans.
- Support client development, account management, and strategic pursuit efforts.
- Develop training materials and facilitate training sessions on business development subjects.
- Work across our business lines to understand the key drivers for growth and provide guidance and recommendations for all marketing and business development activities required to successfully achieve our strategic objectives.
- Plan, organize, and direct all elements of a proposal
- analyze information requested, develop response plan, conduct win strategy reviews, and work with the team to develop and prepare final proposal package.
- Advise on pursuit strategy and development, assessment of opportunities, and local market research and analysis.
- Develop compelling tactics for our promotional activities, such as our photography program, media and social media, community engagement, conferences, and other client interface opportunities.
- Responsible for the quality control of all written and visual content across the region, ensuring brand compliance.
- Assist in recruiting, motivating, and guiding marketing staff, with the ability to delegate and support work amongst a team of both direct and indirect reports.
- Manage and support team workload.
Capabilities & Credentials
- Proven experience developing strategy and winning messages for responses to requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Develop and implement marketing and business development best practices with the ability to convey the ?why? behind them to garner buy-in and alignment from teams and senior leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly articulate issues and frame solutions in a compelling manner.
- Experience with forecasting and business modeling, along with the ability to identify and implement metrics to track on-going progress is an asset.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients.
- Ability to successfully balance conflicting priorities and thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong presentation skills in small and large group environments.
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and cloud-based interfaces.
- Awareness that attendance at trade and industry association events and networking with marketing peers and teaming partners is preferred.
- Experience in the A/E/C industry is preferred.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
Education & Experience
Post-secondary degree in business, marketing, or related area.
Minimum of 8 years of experience in a marketing role.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Job : Marketing and PR/Communications Professional
Organization : BC-1306 Marketing & Communications-CA Prairies&Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 28, 2021, 5:10:52 PM
Req ID: 2100019R
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans