Reports to: Director, Communications & Brand
Position Summary: Working closely with the Director, Communications & Brand, this position interacts with numerous departments to support employees across the organization with their communication needs. This position acts as the first point of contact for internal teams seeking communications advise. The incumbent of this role manages several communication channels within the organization, such as our employee Intranet, Internal Comm Calendar and IC Inbox.
The role is responsible to reinforce our culture of collaboration, transparency, inclusivity, recognition to create experiences that engage, connect and inspire the employees around our key values and strategic priories. This position serves as a brand ambassador by consistently using brand standards in all communications.
Internet and IC Inbox Management (50%)
- Define and manage the company's internal communications key channels;
- Act as a content manager and steward for the Lobby, responsible for ensuring that all approved content is up-to-date, accessible, accurate and complete;
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments of the organization;
- Storyboard or translate ideas to the creative/design team.
Internal Communication Calendar and Committee (20%)
- Build and execute an annual communications plan and calendar in line with business unit-specific priorities;
- Maintain internal calendar of events and communications;
- Co-chair internal communication committee to ensure the right approach is defined for internal communication.
Events Management (15%)
- Leverage creativity and innovative thinking by contributing to the planning and delivery of employee engagement activities, including town halls, leadership forums, roundtables and other events;
- Plan and execute quarterly leadership town halls, including sourcing and building content (videos, slide presentations), and overall coordination;
- Create presentations and scripts for organizational events.
Organizational Change Management (15%)
- Serve as strategic internal communications counsel that helps internal teams successfully deliver on their business objectives;
- Build internal network by supporting enterprise-wide signature initiatives including executing tactical plans for rolling out new Communications programs;
- Drive innovation and creativity by looking for new ways of working, exploring best practices, emerging trends, and challenging communication channels in new and digital ways;
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in a corporate communications or HR role in a complex, dynamic, knowledge-based environment.
- University degree or diploma in a communications discipline, and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant industry experience.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project) are an absolute requirement, along with a willingness and ability to learn new software;
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, InDesign, and the capacity to learn other custom software as required;
- Demonstrated experience in communications to analyze or evaluate communication needs and develop results-oriented communications plans.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to exchange and transform complex and technical information and ability to effectively present information in a clear, concise, easy to understand manner and format.
- Planning skills to develop programs, establish priorities and coordinate efforts with internal staff and external contacts.
- Strong organizational, time management and project leadership skills to support scheduling and monitoring of assignments and projects.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, changing environment where managing multiple competing, time sensitive priorities is essential.
- Demonstrated resiliency, flexibility, and adaptability to adjust approach with shifting priorities.
- High level of motivation, creativity, initiative, and judgement.
- Strategic thinking skills to input into annual and longer-term strategy planning initiatives.
- Well-developed analytical, problem solving and continuous improvement skills to identify trends and opportunities and think outside-the-box to implement creative solutions, enhancements, and innovation.