A & A Customs Brokers is searching for a customer-focused, passionate, and results-driven Customs Entry Writer to join our team, working the evening shift.
Who We Are...
For over 40 years A & A has been successful because of an unwavering commitment and focus on meeting the needs of our customers. We are a full-service international customs brokerage office. Being a part of our team means sharing in our excitement about cross-border trade and customs clearance.
We will accommodate remote work.
The Customs Entry Writer is responsible for the accurate and timely submission of customs entries for clearance through Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and Partner Government Agencies (PGA).
The person in this role serves as a knowledgeable customer advocate, is a brand ambassador for A & A, and is committed to timely processing, rating, and release of all client shipments.
- Receive and review documentation to input and transmit data for CBSA release of shipments
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met, and proper documentation exists for all shipments (correct value for duty is reported and tariff treatment is handled correctly)
- Ensuring that all entries are released, classified and billed accurately
- Identify and resolve issues that could potentially result in delayed shipments
- Adhere to A & A's operating standard procedures (SOP's) & service standards to ensure the entry is completed timely and accurately
- Reviewing SOP's that have become outdated and highlighting necessary changes to be updated
- Be a team player to ensure day-to-day operation of Release Operations runs smoothly
- Other related duties as assigned
- Minimum one year of relevant experience working within the customs industry
- Preferred: Certified Trade Compliance Specialist (CTCS), Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) or similar trade & customs related designation an asset
- Strong customer service orientation
- Possesses the ability to simplify complex customs policies/procedures for customers
- Attention to detail, proven accuracy, and proven work ethic with desire to do more than is expected
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and meet tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills, proven interpersonal skills, and follow-up skills are required
- Language: English (verbal & written) (Bilingual French an asset)
What's in it for you?
- Commission plan, benefits (health & dental), RRSPs, referral bonus programs, tuition reimbursement programs, professional training, and paid time off
More about this role:
- This role offers the opportunity to work remotely
- This is an evening shift
- A & A's office is based in beautiful Surrey, BC
- Friday (40 hours per week)
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.