At Williams Engineering Canada, we brighten the lives of people in our community.
We believe in the value of shared knowledge to better consult, create, and encourage diverse perspectives, to provide innovative solutions across the busiest cities and the most remote regions of Western and Northern Canada. We recognize that our people do much more than engineer solutions and solve our clients' greatest challenges; they have the opportunity to impact the communities in which they live, work, and build relationships in. In order to make a positive impact on our communities, we must start by positively impacting our own people. To us, this means providing fair compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and an open-door team environment. This also means maintaining a healthy work-life balance, which is why we offer a flexible work environment to support the unique and busy lives that our people lead.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Based at: Corporate Office
Position Purpose: Providing exceptional customer service to internal clients, support the corporate, and regional offices, as well as our service line groups in fulfilling the WEC strategic plan.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Create and maintain written content to be used in traditional and new media platforms.
- Work with project managers to create new project profiles and edit any project profiles that are submitted by the project controls group on behalf of our regional offices.
- Interview teammates to develop various pieces of content when necessary.
- Fact check information submitted to the marketing group by regional offices for the purposes of promoting the company.
- Maintain, coordinate, and edit various digital marketing tools including: the external and internal company websites and e-newsletters and digital display boards.
- Coordinate photography for marketing purposes.
- Work with service lines and our regional offices to prepare for any tradeshows or conferences that the company is taking part in.
- Research and recommend award application opportunities for the firm. Edit regional content for the award submission, coordinate the submission, and produce the layout and graphical submission aspects of each award.
- Investigate and coordinate promotional materials, track expenditures, and review effectiveness of different products.
- Help support relationships between the organization's external suppliers when required including printers and promotional companies.
- Maintain the Marketing and Communications Standards/Guidelines book.
- Support the creation of custom proposals, qualifications packages and presentations to support the organization and its business development efforts.
- Support the development of various templates for the organization that may be used in the company cloud-based document generation system.
- Perpetuate, clarify, and embody WEC Purpose and Values.
- Teammates are required to adhere to the company policies and guidelines as well as the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time. Education:
- Certificate, Diploma or Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications or Marketing
- 3 years' experience in a related field Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a person who listens well, respects diversity of opinions and has an open, clear and succinct communication style.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills and the ability to provide feedback to others in a diplomatic and constructive manner.
- The ability to think creatively and work with others to develop out-of-the-box ideas.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple priorities, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
- Proven track record for providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to represent the company to WEC team mates, clients and community by ensuring the best image is presented.
- Knowledge of MS O365, Adobe Creative Suite, and experience with company intranet.
- Understanding of website content management systems.
- Good understanding of marketing, communications, and business development practices.
- Ability to utilize other WEC systems and software (ie. SharePoint and Deltek Vision)