At SaskPower, we generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan people. We offer some of the best jobs in the province.
Our challenging careers will help you grow while being surrounded by a fully-committed team, committed to safety, openness, collaboration and accountability. If you're someone who thrives in a team environment and doesn't shy away from a good challenge, join us!
Apply no later than 06/10/2021 to be considered for this opportunity.
The Specialist is accountable to provide subject matter expertise and administration of a specialized function. As a member of SaskPower's management team, this position is responsible to act as a central point of contact in the management and administration of strategic and operational functions, providing expert advice and direction that aligns with departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
Plan, research, develop, evaluate and implement processes, policies and procedures utilized for the development of strategies and business initiatives that address the organization's requirements
- Act as a subject matter expert in a specialized function to develop, implement, coach and assist management staff in the administration and interpretation of corporate policies; providing advice that is appropriate, practical and consistent with relevant legislation, regulations, laws and/or industry standards
- Identify new business solutions and operational efficiencies, while providing recommendations which have a significant impact on SaskPower's business operations and strategies
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional projects to provide functional expertise for corporate and departmental strategic planning initiatives
- Represent the department and prepare and present material to internal and external audiences as required
- Maintain knowledge of industry developments and best practices related to area of specialization and adapt them to SaskPower's operational environment
- Provide leadership and direction to project teams and/or assigned staff as required
Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, or other related equivalent AND/OR;
- Related professional designation(s) and/or certification(s) AND/OR;
- Five (5) years of related experience in metrics, analytics and reporting, and/or experience in Distribution or Customer Services
- Team player with the ability to build and maintain strategic relationships both internal and external to SaskPower
- Results oriented thinker, with the ability to manage and provide advice regarding complex and confidential issues with sensitivity and professionalism
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work and manage in a changing environment
- Excellent facilitation, project management and decision making skills
- Ability to foster a culture focused on safety, innovation and teamwork
- Demonstrated skill in SaskPower's competencies
- Must have a continuing record of professional development
A suitable combination of relevant education and experience may also be considered
Candidates under consideration may be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
SaskPower has identified competencies that enable performance and success within each out of scope role at SaskPower. For more information on these job family competencies and those that relate to the position that you are applying on, please visit: https://www.saskpower.com/Careers/Join-Our-Team/competencies
SaskPower offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and inclusion are also a priority for us. At SaskPower, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and having a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to selections based on merit and to the full participation of diversity groups. These groups include the four equity groups recognized by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission: Indigenous Peoples, Members of Visible Minority Groups / Racialized Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in Under-Represented Roles, as well as LGBTQ persons and Newcomers to Saskatchewan. Visit our website for details.
To learn more about SaskPower, check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Poweringthefuture
Keep posted on the latest job openings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/saskpower
Please apply by 06/10/2021.